Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Obsession

Well, let me just say that I miss having internet around! It seems like forever since I have posted and I appreciate all of the warm thoughts and special messages sent about my last blog. The boys are well and the Parks and Recreation are going to be controlling the situation now.

I have 10 minutes until I am going to a bookclub event (only once a month but for sure a reason to get out and socialize a bit! I just brought Jared some dinner here at work, thus I am using his computer and I can hear my boys SCREAMING in the children's room here...not very professional! I better make this quick...)

Just needed to say that I joined the band wagon of obsessors over the new book, "Twighlight" by Stephanie Meyers. I am not a science fiction guru by any means, but the style and fluency with which she writes was truly amazing. I devoured the book in three days...did I mention that it was 500 pages long? I neglected my housework and children, going to bed by midnight and could only focus my energies on the book! I love reading those kinds of books! I couldn't sleep thinking about handsome Edward and even thought about if vampires really do exist? I can't wait to sit down and read more about the author and her upcoming movie and new books!
hoo-ray!

For those of you who want a good book..check it out...I am on hold at the library for the sequel. I will need something to read while Jared continues to work 6 days a week, usually from 9am-10pm....so, please let me know some of your favorite books out there and if any of you are fellow Edward groupie fans!

7 comments:

Krazy Kobels said...

It was so good to talk to you I turely miss you and your family!!! I loved those book and read them constant until I finished the 3rd and can't wait till #4. Edward is the man vampire and Bella is a crazy girl being involved in the craziness, but that is the addicting part. Let me know what you think of the rest!! Hope to see you soon, Love ya Abby

Stanley said...

Hey you guys are online...you probably don't remember me but I am J-Lowe's old roomate- Jared Stanley. Tell him I say "Whassup?!' (It is key...it has to sound insanely absurd too) and tell him to write me a note one of these days...
Stanley

Trimbles said...

HAHA. Im glad you finally joined the Edward Cullen obsession club! I didnt know either, but I bought all three on a recommendation from my VTer and boy, it was a good buy. So Im totally waiting for the 4th to come and cant hardly stand it. :) Im glad you're doing well.

Marc, Miranda, Maycie and Nash said...

Hey...

Thanks for the comment...Maycie is cute, but with that comes trouble!I love the song you have on your blog...who sings it? I read the story of the boys and it made me cry. That is the most precious thing ever. I'm glad we can keep in touch this way! Talk to you later.

The Maughans said...

I am such a sucker for those books. I did the same motherly neglecting when I found them this summer.
How in the world did you keep Wesley from smashing Austin when her was born? Half of my days are spent helping Emory "be gentle". Keep on keepin' on!
Rachel

Amber Marcum said...

Hey girl, I totally did the same thing. I read it for our book club. I like to call Sean my vampire...he's so white anyway, and immortal. :) Well, I was 19th on the wait list here at my library. It's truly a band-wagon!

Tawna said...

Oh for sure, I am obsessed with those books...I just recently wrote a blog about them too. I never thought I would get into a vampire book, but I guess ya never know what will catch your attention! Glad to hear you guys are doing well!