
What joy fills my heart to stock up my pantry!!! I have been living from small rations, to limited supplies for so many months...that is just such a treat to buy "a few extra bags of chips" or extra ice cream for visitors that I ANTICPATE WILL COME ANYDAY!! (hint hint). I keep thinking, "what would I want to eat if I were a visitor?" and then buy it for the hopes that someone will come and hang out. I want to always have yummy stuff on hand so that I can be a great hostess. Usually food is what brings the best out of people...I just came from Wal-Mart in this border town on a Friday night. Naturally, the shelves were pretty empty, but the lines weren't too long and I was able to do it all before 9pm!
I also have decided to work twice a week at DirectBuy. A few reasons: health benefits are covered 50%, I have more time to spend with Jared, I get a chance to get dressed up and out of the door by 9am, and it allows me to socialize with adults and learn more about our "family business." My nanny came over today, she is a 19-year-old and I feel good about her. She obviously doesn't have kids, but seems to interact well with mine and can cook without scraping up my pots and pans! I always leave her a list of activities, foods to prepare, some light housekeeping, and other ideas. I am sure she will be bored working tomorrow a full 10 hours...she asked me what I do all day long...and I just told her that I try to stay busy! My kids definitely were testing her buttons with nap time, movie watching and fighting with each other. Either way, I was super happy to come home and chase them around for kisses.
While I am on here...a few New Year's Resolutions:
Write in my journal, as well as the boys' journals once a week
Cook dinners 4-5 x's a week, and take them to Jared at work when possible
Is getting pregnant a goal? (not sure when quite yet...still indecisive)
Read scriptures with my boys during breakfast 4-5 x's a week
Read one book a month
MORE PATIENCE with my toddlers!
Overall, just be a better person spiritually and physically for my family....how does anyone measure that?
7 comments:
You are so amazing. I have always admired you, and you just keep giving me more and more reasons to! :) Thanks for keeping in touch and lending a listening ear all these years. I know you'll do great with your resolutions. All the best blessings to you and your family in this great 2008!
Love all your new posts. Your home is beautiful. I can't wait to live in a newer home. SOON!! :)
Hello Wilson Family! How's Texas treatin ya? You have a beautiful family Jared. Tell Jason hi for me.
You may want to whittle down your resolution list. Not that they aren't all fabulous ideas, but sometimes it can get overwhelming to do so many things at once. I think whichever one is your biggest priority, perhaps start with that and when you feel like you've made it a part of your schedule, move on to the next thing. Just some advice from an avid list maker.
I think it's great you have a "mommy outlet" in working a couple times a week- it will be so good for you and the boys. your home is beautiful and your goals for the new year are terrific- you sound so positive in this post, I hope you're as happy as it seems!!
You have a beautiful family. It is probably weirs seeing a post from me, it is amazing who you stumble across.
Jeff Poulsen
What a great idea, to read sciptures at breakfast. We are going to have to try that, we read before bed now and at breakfast time will be great when jake is a little older to listen! Thanks, you always have great ideas and are so on top of things.
Post a Comment