Saturday, January 5, 2008

Surrounded by men!


We moved into our remodeled house on New Years Day....quite exhausting to say the least! We didn't have a lot of functioning things, but now that it has been a full week...I am thrilled to say that we have mostly all of our kitchen installed (appliances and granite), 2/3 bathrooms completed, all the baseboards and trims, and lots of lots of garbage and boxes piled up in our garage.

Why a
m I surrounded by men you may ask? Well, because we moved in early, the workers have been coming in everyday to complete their tasks. It's not such a bad thing if you don't mind being the only female with 8-10 male workers (strangers to say the least!!!) and home-bound all day long. You just never know who might take something, not finish their job completely or have questions about certain things.

It was a rough day yesterday b/c with our kitchen out of commission, Wesley, Austin and I were toy-room bound ALL DAY! Have you tried to entertain two toddlers in one room for 12 hours???Not fun or practical. I also have been keeping the house at a cool 68 degrees
since the workers come in and out the doors as they please, as does the heat in the house. I haven't even started to explain the MESS of grout, dust, water or dirt that has been piled up b/c of them.

Needless to say, I am SO SO SO happy to finally unpack and be in my spacious house. My BBF Arianne Pearce came for a last minute visit at 1am all the way from Phoenix to help (with her three kids and hubby) us unpack and get set up. She is a professional organizer and more than anything, such a blessing in my life to come and get me set up. I wish I could have provided at least a shower for them! They left in a hurry, but their help and love was priceless.

I hope to finally get internet/computer set up this week....which means I can include pics from the last 6 months....before and after the remodel...and thousands of dollars later!!! ugh...

So far my favorite part of my house is not only having a faucet with a sprayer, but of course the garage access, washer and drier...and being able to unpack things from two years ago!!
!

8 comments:

Tawna said...

I'm so glad you finally got to move in! I'm excited to see some pictures of your home!

Krazy Kobels said...

I can't wait to see it!!! I think Arianne and I might come in Feb sometime??? Hope all is well and just take it a room at a time if that is possible. Can't wait to see ya
Abby

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I know that you guys have waited so long to have a place you can call home! We'll we are just waiting on the O.K. to come a see this new home! Send photo's soon!! April

Amber Marcum said...

Congrats on the new home!! We'll have to come visit sometime!!

Amberly said...

Yea!! It's about time down there! I'm so happy for you- hopefully it will be complete soon and you can move out of the toy room! Can't wait to see pics...

Julie said...

Hang in there! Here's hoping you get to stay put for a bit.

Audrey said...

How fun!!! The new house, not entertaining the kids in a room for 12 hours. I am so excited to see pics of your new home. I hope there will be before and after shots. I love stuff like that. I'm curious to get the specs on your house. You NEVER responded to my email about your details on your Surprise home. Has it sold???

Michelle said...

hey girl....I am so excited for you. You abosolutely deserve it. You have been one incredibly patient wife and mom, and its about time you have some organization and stability in your home! I don't know how you lived out of boxes for so long. I'm sure your new home is worth it, and I can't wait to see pictures! Love you!