Monday, January 28, 2008

Wesley's 4th b-day












Wesley's birthday was a month ago, back in December, but we decided to throw him a party anyway now in January. Things were too hectic last month with our move and holiday season, so it was a perfect day today to do it.


Thank goodness the rain stopped though! It was raining cats and dogs all morning long...which didn't work for our scheduled treasure hunt and pinata activity!!!! I LOVE doing pinatas, and we have done one for Wesley's 2,3 and now 4th birthday. He never tires of it and it is so fun to watch all of the kids line up, hit the pinata, duck for prizes and go home with sugar in their tummies.


We had a Transformer theme this year, which was great for all of the new action figures that Wesley received. Jared and I worked hard to get things ready last minute (the backyard needed to be raked, patio cleared off of paint cans and of course random household chores).


I think 4 is a great age b/c I am able to really reinforce how "big" Wesley now is...to make him get fully dressed alone, go potty alone, be an example for his brother, eat all of his veggies, and make good decisions. He is so proud of how big he is, and always says that "when I am a papa" I will be able to drive, kiss a girl, and even cook.


It's always a relief when the party is over...and the cleaning is done..and kids are happy with their new toys...for at least a few hours:)

3 comments:

Mama Apes... said...

Happy Birthday Wesley!! We missed it this year...Well it looks like u guys have made lots of new friends out there and are enjoying your new home! We need to come and see ya all! A

Tawna said...

Wow! I can't believe you already have a 4 year old...how fast time flies. The party looks fun. You are such a wonderful mom! Very busy!!!!

Julie said...

Pinatas are the greatest! Looks like fun. Congrats, Big Boy Wesley! I can't wait to meet you someday!