Monday, February 11, 2008

My little genius




Austin used to wake up crying from his nap if he had accidently peed in his undies....that is, if we had forgotten to put a Pull-Up on him.

Well, this afternoon I went in to check on him after I heard some noises coming from his room. Most recently he has been taking apart the humidifier or sticking objects in the light sockets...so, I had reason to go in there promptly.

Using his resourcefulness, Austin went ahead and changed out his pull-up that he had wet during his nap. He then continued to go and get his undies out of his drawer, put them on, found a new and clean pair of pants to put over his undies...and even put his pull-up in the garbage! He was very thorough b/c he even put his dirty pants in the dirty laundry pile. I was very proud, and shocked to find him completely dressed in a new outfit from the one I had laid him down in!

On another note, Jared and I are getting out house ready for my mom and brother's arrival this weekend from Utah. My next blog will be about my "accessory weekend shopping adventure" with Leslie Boley, which took place a few days ago. I want to post all the pics of what magic she spread throughout my house with her creative mind and sense of color.

To say the least, Jared and I had to re-seal the wax ring in one of our bathrooms. One word: disgusting! I was balancing the toilet on my knees while Jared was working underneath it. At one point we even had to hold the toilet by the inside ring lid (you know, with all the nasty stains inside) to get a better grip....I was so grossed out by just the thought of handling some pee....ugh! We did get it fixed up though, and those toilets are HEAVY things!

More importantly, we are making our house into a home.

PS>>>>CHECK OUT OUR NEW SLIDE SHOW>>>>

5 comments:

Jana said...

That does not sound fun touching a toilet. Sick. But at least it is done now right? :) I wish Noah wanted to be potty trained. He has NO interest in it at all. Jackson was so different. By the way, I have a good friend moving to El Paso this weekend from here. I told her about you and was hoping you could visit her or whatever. She is nervous, and excited. Her name is Nori. She has a couple of boys, older than ours. :) I will send you her email. Thanks so much!

Tawna said...

Yah, the toilet thing, almost made me gag...yuck!!!
On a better note! Your son is awesome! Way to go for taking care of everything so that mommy doesn't have to!!

Julie said...

LOL! You have two little boys! You would think that handling pee was second nature by now! ;) New blog is up... have you linked me as one of your "amigos" yet?

Audrey said...

I'm thrilled he did this for you. I hope you really made a big deal and made him feel special, so he'll do it every time. A man that cleans up after himself is such a blessing to his future wife!

Mama Apes... said...

sounds like so much fun!! Thanks for tagging me....?!?? I get working on soon! Apes