We had a nice lunch, the two year olds behaved themselves quite nicely with only a few hundred broken chips all over the floor. Our waiters name was Ruben, and since he had a heavy Spanish accent, I enjoyed praciticing my Spanish on him.
When it came time for the bill, of course I reached for my purse. Well...this is where the brawl began!

Arianne insisited that it was her turn to pay, but I HAD INVITED HER to eat. I am staying at her house, I am eating her food, she is prego with her 4th child, and I wanted to treat her! She had already handed Ruben HER CARD...which I was not going to allow. So, I stood up and started chasing down Ruben to ask him not to charge her. What did Arianne do? She chased after me! Yup, her big ol' 8 month prego belly doing sprints after me. We left the toddlers in their high chairs and started doing a mad dash circle around the entire restaurant! You can imagine the looks we were getting! I was not going to give in, and neither was she.
By the way, is this a good time to mention that Arianne has been on semi "bed rest" these last few weeks? Why is a woman like her running in her condition!!!
I yelled across the dining room for Ruben NOT to charge her card (of course this was all in Spanish which even infuriated Arianne even more b/c she couldn't speak it back to him!) I then ran back to our table, thank goodness our toddlers were more entertained than ever and didn't try to climb down.
I reached for my purse, and what did Arianne do? She grabbed it and hid it underneath her arm. So, I SAT ON HER TINY LAP and started poking at her boobs to give it back. She then started biting my arms. We were laughing so hard, we could barely focus on the other victim.

Eventually, after a strong tug of war, Arianne gave up a bit of strength. So, I seized the opportunity and dug inside my purse to get my wallet. I then CHUCKED the entire wallet at Ruben, yelling at him in Spanish to, "Charge the silver Discover card!" Hopefully he didn't take any other cards while I was pinning down my opponent.
In the end, I did pay and we left Ruben an LDS pass along card:)
Hopefully Arianne doesn't have any more contractions after our wrestling match.
5 comments:
Okay you crazy girl, this post had me laughing. I can totally see this happening!! I bet the waiter was telling stories that night!
It sounds like you had a fun visit to AZ... if that poor baby comes early, she'll have to name it after you! :)
You two are a bit too crazy for me at times! I do wish that i was there to see it all happen! I can only imagine! can't wait to see ya this next weekend and for sure you guys are staying w/ me and my 4 kids!!
haha... that's the funniest story! I'm sure everyone in the restaurant was nicely entertained. :) I'm impressed that you could yell out "Charge the silver Discover Card" in Spanish. I definitely need to touch up on my Espanol!
Did she have her baby yet?
Post a Comment