
This is my third year in a row, would've been easier if I weren't 8 months prego...
10:45pm: arrive home from my cousin's in VA from a yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I ate way too much...not enough room as it is...what was I thinking going back for 2nds?
11:20pm: crawl into bed with a serious belly ache
2:15am: Startle myself awake with severe heart burn
3:00: More heart burn
3:15: Wesley comes over to our bed for some leg cramp relief
3:30: More heart burn, finally roll out of bed, slither down to the kitchen for some tums
4:45: Austin starts coughing
5:00: More coughing. I get up, put Vicks rub on his feet (which I don't think works), give him a Nyquil and cough drop
5:05: Austin is crying that he wants to sleep with mama. I get Jared out of bed, he tucks him back in while I lay in bed
5:10: OUT THE DOOR! Can't handle the heartburn, belly aches, or Austin's coughing. OFF TO SHOP I GO
5:30: Arrive at Wal-Mart parking lot. Circle several times to finally get a spot at the Target store across the huge parking lot.
5:35: Inside the store where there is an anthill of people. I am fully layered with my coat and sweats on b/c of the 35 degree weather, but it is HOT and STUFFY inside. No cart for me, too big to manuveur...my belly is enough to get around!
5:38: Quickly take glances at what people are purchasing and what is going fast. I want to know what is on SALE and what is a MUST have for this crazy morning! I learned quick.
5:40: No more Leapsters! That is why I went so early! I spot one out of place, a PINK one nontheless, but no worries, Wesley can adjust or later on I will swap it out for green.
6:30: Back in line, sweaty, hot, feeling contractions, loaded up with DVD's, remote control cars, and DVD's for my kids. Can't wait to get some fresh air. $100 spent (not bad considering all I got!)
6:35: Head over to Target...nice cool air! Leapster games are on sale...$15 bucks vs. $30! Load up on a few, get some more board games, playdough (only $6 for a 24 pack) and DVD's.
6:45: A much smaller wait in line, not as sweaty and less crowded.
7:00: Walk over to Best Buy. Two words: BODY ODOR. It smelled so nasty! Took a quick browse, but wasn't interested in the Wii or X-Box, etc. My boys are fortunately too small to care.
7:15: Walk over to Kohl's. Line is literally 2 HOURS wait, wrapped around completely to the other side and back again. Nothing is worth waiting that long for! I can get all of that stuff through DirectBuy anyway:)
7:45: Back at home. Boys are up and rummaging through the fridge. Lay back down for 1/2 hour while kids run and make lots of noises.
10:45: Here at work once again!
Overall, a pleasant experience. I am glad my Christmas list is done (as well as Wesley's b-day on the 30th). Now Jared and I need to think of gifts for each other, then I am done! Feels good:)
10 comments:
Love the details! Your blogs are very entertaining girl!
I went to Kohl's last year to get some items I wanted. I shoped for about an hour and waited in line for over 3!!! Seriously, it was out of control. I don't think I'll ever do Kohl's on this day again!
This makes me so tired to even read what you went through..I'm so glad that I slept in this year!!!
I got tired just reading that post!!! haha!
You are a nut! I would never venture out into the crowds on Black Friday. It's the internet all the way for me... I'll click a few buttons and let the UPS man do the rest of the work. ;)
you are totally crazy. totally crazy.
Too true...sorry about the heartburn! But #3 is seriously the best! My "baby" (now 18 months) is so chill, laid back and happy! I forget I had "high maintennece" children. I'd have 10more if they were all this way! What is your due date?
Good for you getting up so early on no sleep and getting all that shopping done! I got out the door at about 6am after I nursed Eli... hoping he'd sleep until I got back. He did! :) I ended up getting some good items, but I still have some shopping left to do. It's amazing what you can find out there though!
I've sworn I will never do Black Friday. Never. I know, I say that now... My sister swears once I have kids I"ll start, but Im not totally convinced. I dont know if ANYTHING is worth that much hastle.
YOu are a good woman! :)
Wow that sounds like quite the morning! I'm glad you got most of the things you were looking for!!
Post a Comment