Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight


I did it. I went and saw Twilight. Any preteens dream movie about vampires and love. I LOVED the first book (out of four), and the movie was based on that first movie. It was decent. I enjoyed the gorgeous scenery up in Oregon (lots of greenery, ocean and blue clouds), and the photography was also excellent. Edward was NOT my dreamboat that I imagined he would be. But, I think towards the end of the movie, he did grow on me a bit.

The best part of the movie were all the girls giggling, screaming, sighing and cheering for the movie....there were several groups of preteens just drooling over Edward and that was fun to be a part of and remember what it was like to be a teen. (Although, I think I was more into NSYNC).

Jared is also out of town, so I am playing the role of pregnant, single, working mama for this entire week! He went to San Francisco for a conference of DirectBuy. I decided to stay back, not too anxious to fly that far being 8 months along and then chase my kids through a hotel all week long while attending meetings. Just not too family friendly and I wasn't up for that physical contact. Instead, the boys and I are staying cuddled up in our warm home (it gets down to 19 degrees at night and a high of 30 in the day), watching movies, eating oatmeal and getting excited for baby Isaac to come out. It's harder for me to kneel down with them for prayers, to bathe them, to get up at night for their bad dreams, but I am so happy to be with them!

7 comments:

Sherie said...

yesssssss, I too went and partook of Twilight! :) I wasn't stoked about the screen play, but loved everything else about it and have since decided that I really liked it since I've caught myself thinking about it a LOT since then. Loved all the characters.
Can't wait to see you in just a few days! Hang in there!

KA said...

I'm afraid that I'm missing all of the excitement. I did hear that Edward could have afforded to have his chest waxed in order to appear more "stone like".

Julie said...

Thanks for the review. Stay safe and warm while your hubby is away! *smooches*

Heather said...

Cute Belly! I just saw Twilight too. It was alright. Some things I would've changed, but not too bad. Best of luck with hubby being gone. I hate it when that happens.

Amber Marcum said...

You are looking so good! I love the shower pics! I also went to see Twilight...I had to read it to be in the 'cool crowd' in my ward. :) I loved the first and last book and I want to twist Sean's arm to go see it with me again! :) Carlise was way cuter than Edward...but I think they nailed Bella. :) Fun times! Love the name Issac! Ok, are you still in AZ? That cold? Wow! Love you and yes, I totally remember 5 years ago...talking about after having our first babies. :) Miss you!

Julie said...

I went to see it yesterday, and it was not as terrible as I was expecting. I did think Bella was a little vapid. They just didn't have enough time to flesh out the characters and make them more believable. You are right, the scenery was gorgeous, though I really had to bite my lip not to laugh at Edward scaling trees like a spider monkey. :D

Arianne Pearce said...

I love your crib!! It is beautiful. Can't wait to get the bedding in there!