
I have been to the chiropractor twice now. It was VERY embarrassing the first time I went, just 4 days after delivering Isaac. Any mother can relate with my post-partum body blues. I was not prepared for him to have to lift my leg up, rotate my pelvic bone, grab ahold of my chubby waist, etc. I felt mortified that he would see any leaking or check out my grandma pads! No good! I kept my mouth shut though, assuming that it would be best to not draw any more attention to those areas, or apologize for my messy state.
I had some electricity therapy done on my back, which was pinching and somewhat uncomfortable. I have always been the "queen of posture," telling Jared and close friends how they should sit up more. Well, I soon found out that my own posture stinks! I need to always try and squeeze a pencil in between my shoulder blades in order to be sitting properly aligned. Who knew?
I am glad that I made it a priority to go and see this Dr. It was like a spa treatment for me, something that I wouldn't do on my own. But, the fact that I am still struggling with walking, lifting, or bending, tells me that something seriously was injured. The Dr. told me, "carrying a 45 lb bowling ball will do that to you." I guess he was right. I hope to go only one more time.
Isaac continues to squeak, gurgle, sigh, and slurp. He is opening his eyes for a total of 30 minutes a day. I know he knows who I am b/c he will dip his head towards me when I talk to him. I am off to go organize his nursery while Jared took the boys to church. I am not up for taking him out unless necessary in this 20 degree weather + windchill. I also am enjoying this time of "no make up and wearing sweats until noon."
My dad and tia Olga are here from Mexico as well, they are staying for a week. The boys have enjoyed their extra company and I think they will take them next week to downtown DC to check out some museums. I haven't been on my "own" quite yet, so we'll see what melt downs are to come.
8 comments:
Oh, I hope you get feeling better soon! I had a really hard recovery with Eli as well. I wasn't sure if it was 8 hours of pushing with my mid-wife before I went to the hospital or the fact that Eli was posterior mostly the whole way coming out. Anyways, Chiropractors are terrific and can really help! I'm so glad you were able to get to one so soon! Little Marc Isaac is adorable! Keep getting better! :)
I say enjoy the down time! No need to rush out and be a part of the real world yet, it will be there when you're ready. energy work would totally help your back, you just have a few things that need to be cleared. let me know if you're interested. and post more pics of the cute little man!!
Oh those hard time after new babies come i know...trust me!
Think positive and take one day at a time! Call Me when you get a chance! Hope your back starts feeling better soon too! miss ya!
So sorry about your back. I hope that you feel better soon. Only sweats until noon huh? I bought a few velour sweat suits and wore those for weeks after Aubrie... impressive. Call me in a few weeks if you need help.
I'm so sorry you are still dealing with back pain on top of recovery. That is just not even fair. I live close if any meltdowns come your way.
ps- I love your background.;o)
I love your baby! He is so cute. I wish I could hold him! I am impressed that you have been able to blog so often... you should be napping! :D
Pencil between your shoulder blades? I thought that kind of advice was only good for parading aroung a stage with a swimsuit and high heels on. Seriously, listen to your body. Take the time and measures it requires. A day now will pay off in weeks later.
I LOVE the chiropractor- I have been a few times while pregnant and Seriously it is FABULOUS! I am waiting till after I have the baby to back since I know I am going to be messed up enough then to need every adjustment my insurance will pay for! Enjoy those sweats girl and kiss the baby for us!
Post a Comment