Once I went in to do another diaper change, turned on the light, and immediately he shut his eyes...as if it were time to sleep since there was light! I was encouraged by that little movement, so I turned on the bathroom light, laid him back down, and rolled over. Those 3 minutes were too good to be true b/c he started his noises and fussiness all over again.
How do I help him get his days/nights on a normal schedule? It's only been two nights, so I still have quite a bit of patience for my little monkey and his games....but, if this continues, I can only imagine how exhausted I will be in a few more weeks!
8 comments:
OH I AM SO SORRY. TWO OF MY KIDS DID THIS, I REMEMBER DRIVING AROUND IN THE CAR AT 3:30 TRYING TO GET THEM TO FALL ASLEEP. Oohps sorry about the caps lock. I hope it will change. Just do your best to keep him awake in the day. I always gave mine a bath at night and rubbed them down with lotion to tire them out. I think this one also might be a night owl as so as I lay down at night it's like a boxing match in there. Good luck, let me know if I can do anything to help. I will bring dinnner tom. Let's figure out a good time for a baby shower.
He's less than a week old--I'd say patience is the key. It might take a few weeks but eventually, he'll figure out his days and nights on his own.
I'm sorry!!! I agree with other comments, unfortunately it just might take time and patience! Keep at it! Make sure he "knows" the difference between night and day. Lots of stimualation during the day, and lights out boring stuff at night! Good luck!
Hang in there chica. I would say give him some time to work it out on his own. I would be surprised if you didn't see any change over the next couple of weeks. Make sure you call Rosa so you can sneak in some naps during the day!
Love, Kelli
Oh Adrienne. I love you. He is so handsome. Night Owl baby you are so funny. I am saying a prayer for you that this is a short phase. Take Care. You look great.
Congrats girl!!! I can't believe that labor story- I mean the hubby is a gas man, bring on the epidural!!
Good for you. I agree with the other comments. All else fails - trust your instincts.
we love you!!! xoxoxox
Contrats! he is adorable! all your boys are. you are such a trooper doing everything naturally. you realy make me want a 3rd little boy!
Bless your heart, your strength and your patience during the coming months.
Post a Comment