My baby is one week old tomorrow. The time is going by so fast, I knew it would. It always does, but it doesn't mean that I already am feeling sad at how quickly the days pass! Instead of doing dishes, taking naps, emailing or even putting on make up...I just sit and snuggle up on my little peanut. I love his "orchestra" of sounds that he makes, his little gurgles, twitches, tiny double chin, soft fuzz on the back of his ears, his tiny mouth that wrinkles up when he is dreaming, and of course his baby smell.
I don't know how to appreciate him before he grows up! If only I could pause these moments and dig back into a reservoir of memories when I need them. Having gone through this two times before, I know how time flies and I know that I need to just ENJOY the days as they pass.
I love you baby Marc Isaac! I may not be sleeping much these days, and I am still recovering from strained back muscles, but you are so worth it.
9 comments:
Oh thanks for the pic's he is so DARN CUTE!! I love how you are so good abuot keeping up on your photo's and for sure know that i appreciate it soooooo Much! Miss ya
You do such a great job describing those precious moments! I think writing this down is one of the best ways you can appreciate it, because now you'll always have it, to remember anyway. I'm impressed you are still taking the time to write! Hope he figures out his night time soon. ;o)
Oh he is too sweet! I can totally relate. I seem to be hyper aware of the passage of time and often get emotional about how fast my girls are growing up. It hit me really hard when Molly started wearing Gracie's old baby clothes and I realized the time I had with Gracie as a baby is over. I hope I loved and appreciated every second of her sweet nature, big smiles and chubby thighs. It's also a reminder for me to love every stage my kids are in because they are over all too quickly. Great post Adrienne!
Love, Kelli
He sure is worth it, what a doll. I am glad to hear you are taking it easy and enjoying some down time. He really is such a beautiful baby.
He sure is worth it, what a doll. I am glad to hear you are taking it easy and enjoying some down time. He really is such a beautiful baby.
Time does fly. I've had these two for a month already! How nuts is that! And yes they are growing like nuts. Jack is almost 8 lbs. Nearly double what he was when we brought him home. Things are good. CT is the best hubby ever and has several times taken the entire nights feeding letting me sleep. ITs done wonders for my emotional state. As far as breastfeeding, we tried. My milk didnt really come in, a little, but these two eat 20 4 oz. bottles a day. I dont know anyones girls who can keep up with that! Plus everyone else can help. So we scrapped it. ITs 1:30 and Im just eating breakfast and these two are sleeping for hopefully another 4 hours. We'll see :)
He's so sweet...that's great that you are documenting all those little moments that go by so fast!
The pics are fun! I'm glad that you're hanging in there!! :)
Congratulations! He's such a cute little guy. Wow - 3 boys . . . best of luck to you.
Post a Comment