Did I mention how much fun it is to shop with a newborn and toddler in tote? My favorite part is nursing in the fitting room...in front of the mirror where I can see my gut hanging out over my pants and Austin is crawling underneath the door or opening up the stall for the world to see me. Isaac is a good sport, except for his blow outs and binkie falling out issues.

Triangle, downward dog, chair pose, warrior 2, third eye. Yes. I have become a Yoga fan. I have been going to a weekly Yoga class for the last three weeks. The instructor is this black gay man who is wonderful. He has a calming voice, and the best part about him is that he will come over and fix your posture and challenge you to stretch higher and harder. I am not flexible at all, and so this is helping me out a lot to even reach my toes. Once again, it is hard being the out of shape and chubby girl, but it is motivation for me to continue on. I have always admired chubby/fat people going to the gym, but haven't thought much about their situation or their feelings. Now that I am one of those people, I really do have a lot of empathy for the not-so-perfect figures out there. I was in great shape pre-Isaac, and so I am determined to get back there! Yoga is my time to just focus on my body movements. I may not ever be the one doing the headstand, but I can at least sweat away my torso while I am reaching for the sun.
Isaac's blessing was today. I will post pics soon. We have had three sets of parents staying with us in the last month. B U S Y. Full house. Lots of grocery trips. Lots of vacumming, dishes, and cleaning toilets, bedtime stories, kisses, meals and smiles. Wilson's are here until end of the week now and my mom headed out to Utah today. Here we go again!
10 comments:
As far as fashion goes, I'm so clueless. But you looked beautiful today in your brown skirt outfit! You are amazing at accessorizing! You have a gift.
I'm impressed that you are doing yoga. Honestly, I've never done it, so maybe I'll have to try it out sometime. But you are far from the "chubby girl." You are just a woman who just had a baby, so don't be too hard on yourself!
I second the motion for you to quit being so hard on yourself. :D
Will you teach me how to be fashionable someday?
I hope you get a few calm moments here and there. Can't wait to see Isaac on his blessing day.
Oh man you make me laugh. Especially the part about nursing in the dressing room and seeing your big gut- been there!! Thanks for the laugh.
That is awesome you are doing yoga!! I'm falling in love with yoga myself! I think it's the perfect exercise for post pregnancy!
You always look so fashionable so I'm sure whatever you found at Kohl's looks great!
I love your honest posts, I can totally relate!! I remember nursing in dressing rooms with toddlers running around...staring at my belly roll in the big mirror - not fun!! You are doing great, keep up with Yoga and you will be back to your hot mama self in no time!!
I think you look fabulous, and you'll have that baby weight off in no time. What a cute little family...and adorable new baby. It makes me anxious to get mine here. I'm excited to get to follow you now!
Just be proud of your Bodecelli style body. It only lasts a little while. Yoga is awesome. I have some great DVD's if you want or if you want to go running sometime.
I hope that family is helping with the dished and vaccuuming... and not leaving you to take care of them too. Im sorry about the root canal. They are not fun. Well, take care of yourself. And yes, I tivo the novelas and watch them at 2am. Latin TV at 2 AM is porqueria. I take that back, ALL tv at 2AM is porqueria. I dont know what I"d do without the tivo :)
You are so lucky to have Preston he is a great yoga instructer and used to be at our gym. I miss having a good teacher. Are you sure he is gay? I thought he was but was never quite sure. He does have such a great soothing voice.
You looked great on Sunday in your new brown skirt and jacket not to mention your cute high heels.
I'm so glad you love yoga too! I haven't been as consistent since I started doing crossfit, and I really miss it. For a really good time, go to Netflix and get yoga kids. BD LOVED it! It's been 3 months and he's still practicing his volocano, tree, flamingo, etc... poses. So fun.
Post a Comment