I promised Arianne that I would go and visit her in San Antonio back when she left me this summer. Bret is finishing up his residency as an ER Doctor. I sure do miss having him around to check my boys' ears for infections and to let us know when there is a broken bone. They are such a great couple b/c Arianne can actually keep up with his medical lingo and they always know exactly what over-the-counter drug you need for whatever symptom of illness you have.
I left the boys with my dad, Leslie, Jared and niece Chelsea so that Isaac and I could go down and visit her for 4 days. Lots of preparation just to leave! Isaac did a great job traveling with me, but unfortunately he is now officially connected to my hip. I couldn't put him down in the airplane, and he was nervous being in a different house in TX, so...now he is a spoiled baby who cries for mama whenever I let him down. He is determined to start crawling on all 4 anyday now, and he has even climbed up onto our one step in the kitchen. The boys started clapping in his honor when they saw that.
I am exhausted after spending so many long late night chats with Arianne! We have kept our relationship very tight despite the distance, so it was not hard for us to come up with things to say 'til 1am. Even though she would fall asleep on me sometimes, she was so good to me. The rain was very refreshing, and the humidity kept my skin very moist (as well as my hair!). I loved working out with A at the Lifetime Fitness classes where sweat was flying with every kick or bicep curl.
Another highlight was the Riverwalk along the Alamo. I felt naive that I didn't know more about the big battle, but there was a lot of reverence and peace as we walked the grounds. The Riverwalk was very unique with stores along the water front. I even bought some really fun Christmas cowboy boot stockings! My MIL Carol started the idea back when we lived in El Paso, and I couldn't pass by these cute boots. My boys will love them.
Thanks A for being a superb hostess (including keeping a spotless house, serving me homemade pancakes and syrup at 11pm upon request, going bra shopping with me, letting me take a nap, and listening to all of my random chit chatter 'til the morning hours every night).
Love you so much my SS (soul sista)
4 comments:
I want more journaling than that! Where are the memories?! I want more details- Miss. Detail lady!
I love you tons and I am so thankful for every minute together! Thanks for going through all the craziness to get here and back. You are such a great friend and my life would be so different without you- I am SO thankful for my soul sista!
I take my earlier comment back now, or at least the firs part. I loved reading your journaling and I too am so greatful for our relationship. Thanks again for coming!!
Sound like a fun time.
What a fun weekend in San Antonio! I've heard it's a really fun place to visit... and especially since your SS lives there. :)
Post a Comment