Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fieldtrips for Mrs. Wilson

One of the great things about being a teacher, is going on field trips. What's better? Being able to take my own kids on MY school's outings (and the boys' schools):


Peter Piper Pizza to learn about fractions. What a fun field trip for kids. Not educational at all, but a great excuse to let the kids play and eat pizza during the last month of school when no one can focus!





Krispy Kreme with Isaac and papa (I only wished I had gone to eat my free donut!)




Field Day for Wesley at Paradise Education Center. He loved the tug of war. I did too. Wesley got chased by so many girls too. I was surprised! He says he doesn't like it, but he was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.





Austin at the Fire Station:

I took Wesley with me and the ACA 1st graders to the World Wildlife Zoo here in Surprise, AZ. It was a bit boring with just Wesley and me walking around by ourselves. He didn't know the other students, and I missed having my other boys around to show all the fun animals. The weather was overcast and cool, perfect for animals to come out and play.

Wesley is such a poser! He propped up his own hands on his hip and cocked his foot.




Wes loved touching the sting ray and chasing them around the pool to touch their slimy bodies (it felt like a bar of soap). He got so excited when they would wave, "ciao" to us.



Feeding tortoises was really an entertaining thing to do....I liked that they eat broccoli and carrots, just like we do at dinner time.


Wesley wasn't so sure about the giraffe's tongue...look at his face! They are my FAVORITE part of the zoo. I love feeding them, touching their long purple tongues, and watching them stretch up.



This Zebra's tail was so cool looking...is it white with black stripes or black with white stripes? The sign said probably black with white stripes.

This Tiger was less than 6 feet away from us, with a chain link fence separating us. It was a bit scary to make eye contact with it. Wesley wanted to get even closer. I said, "No way!"



I took my 3rd grade ACA students to Cabela's, the outdoor sporting goods store. Jared met me there with Austin and Isaac. Austin loved the shoot guns, the large animals and Isaac loved the stuffed animals.




Teaching does have it's benefits! Enjoying my kids' company, getting paid and learning :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That looks like so much fun! How awesome!