Reasons why I love Jared (in no particular order, and besides the obvious reasons of being a wonderful priesthood holder, hard working and supportive).
1. Hot body!
2. His big brown eyes
3. All of the ways he gets me to smile; singing, tickling, joking
4. A wonderful role model for my boys
5. Ambitious and smart
6. Good kisser
7. A great chef; chicken spaghetti, bbq, fajitas
8. No matter what, he will always love ME.
I am in charge of anniversary dates, since Jared does Valentine's Day. My options were limited b/c our date landed on a school night. Either we could do an activity or food. I chose to surprise him with a candle light dinner at home with just the two of us.
It was NOT an easy thing to pull off. It seemed like anytime I would start to plan it, Jared was peeking over my back or listening to my conversations. The night before, he actually called my bluff and said, "Are we eating in? Is Jennie going to be cooking for us?" Jennie is a personal chef, and volunteered to make my main dish while I was at school so I wouldn't be super stressed out. I had to throw him off my trail!
So today, our anniversary, I got smart. I had my babysitter text him to tell him she could come over and babysit. That would make him think we were going out. I then went a step beyond. I had a fellow teacher call and "confirm a reservation" for Ruth Chris' steakhouse WHILE I was on the phone with Jared! I had the teacher call him while I was standing right there talking to Jared. I thought that one was pretty smart. Jared played along and acted like it was no big deal that Ruth Chris had called him, and when he clicked back over from the cell phone, he told me that it was a wrong number. LOL
I was a bit nervous trying to get my act together. I pawned the kiddos off, raced to Wal-Mart to pick up candles, salad toppings, fresh italian bread, ice cream, etc. I was searching for a banana liquer to go with my Banana Fosters dessert, which took me extra long to find. It was very uncomfortable looking for alcohol, and then purchasing it was quite the experience as they made me sign for it, etc. I felt like such a sinner!
Jared arrived and when I opened the door in my apron he said, "Is it just us?" He had on a sweet smile and admitted to me that he was happy that we were staying in. I had no reason to be nervous, I was with my best friend. But, I was anxious to have a yummy meal and make it go smoothly.
On the menu:
appetizer- stuffed mozzerella mushrooms, italian bread with balsamic vinegar
main dish- stuffed manicotti (cheese and spinach), italian salad (complete with Kalamata olives, artichoke and fresh parmesean)
dessert- banana fosters (caramelized bananas in brown sugar and cinnamon, brought to a flame with the liquer and served on top of ice cream)
drink- apple juice (Jared doesn't like the sparkling cider)
We ate and ate and ate and ate and ate. I got so bloated and full, made myself sick. But, I kept going back in for more! By the end of the night, we were both so sick to our stomachs, it was to the point of pain.
Jared asked me if we could do this for our 58th anniversary. You bet honey!
Kids arrived around 7:30pm. It was a great night.
10 comments:
Sounds fantastic! Just the two of you and lots of delicious food--perfection!
Happy Anniversary to such a fantastic couple!
You are a GOOD anniversary planner!! All that food sounds delicious (although I did just eat a big lunch so I'm stuffed myself :).!
8 Years... awesome! You are such a great couple! Happy Anniversary!
OK, I need your bananas foster recipe. I had bananas foster creme brulee when we went to hawaii in 2005 and I"ve not been able to find a suitable recipe since. I can make creme brulee with the best, but Im so proud you actually went and bought banana liqure. ! Mines waiting patiently for the right recipe to try it out on. Wanna hook a sister up? ;) PS those mushrooms look great. Mozzerella would be a good twist!
That sounds so fun! I love it :) I think I might copy you...except that next year is the big 10 so I expect a cruise or something ;)
Yum Yum I'm hungry now!
Too cute! Happy Anniversary. Hope you guys are all doing well.
you are so cute and such a good wife. I really do love you guys. the food sounds delicious.
Your such a cute wife. Jared is a lucky man. Congrats on 8 years
Now I know what you're going to fix when it's our turn to come to your house!
That looks de-lish!
SOOO great to see your family. Let's do it again soon.
Post a Comment