Tonight I am feeling overwhelmed, the kind where you feel like you are drowning.
As a homemaker, you battle the challenges of feeling stimulated, motivated, balanced and involved. (Or, at least that was me).
As a career mother, I battle challenges of getting my housework done weekly, finishing up homework when I feel like taking a load off of my feet, figuring out dinner on the way home from school, not losing all my patience with my boys in the 3 hours we have together after school, and finding the motivation to pack up snacks and treats and food when I just want to go to bed.
That's just from 3-7pm. It doesn't include the re-teach, reminding, disciplining, learning, planning and brainstorming that goes on with being a teacher. My students are amazing kids, but they are demanding! It's hard to maintain a "loud teacher voice" all day long and to constantly be engaging them in activities to make sure that they stay on task. Makes my head hurt just thinking about tomorrow's plans.
Can I really keep this up for an entire year? What if I have to work again next year?
Off I go to go pack lunches, snacks, water bottles, check homework, fold 3 loads of laundry, squeeze in a bit of the good 'ol Book of Mormon, and do it all before my 9:30pm bedtime.
UGH.
6 comments:
Good luck! I think it is so hard to balance life and be patient too! Let me know if you need anything to lighten your load! Hang in there:)
I can't imagine how much energy it must take to juggle all of that, A. But if anyone can do it, you can! Its almost Labor Day and you can have a mini-break from your students. :)
i'm sorry Adrienne. I wish I could say something that would make you less stressed out. Just know that you are amazing at everything you. Your kids have the best mamma, and your students are the luckiest kids in the school. love ya
I am hoping that you won't have to work next year and that you can just stay home with your little ones. It's certainly a crazy busy time of life right now. I sure do love ya though! Squeeze in a trip to see me!
Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed...you have a lot on your plate and it must be hard to juggle it all! Hang in there, your students and kids are lucky to have you!
AYE!!! I don't know how you do it. I would be drowning too...
Post a Comment