Have you ever been addicted to something?
I must confess. I am addicted to sugar. The typical female loves her chocolate, ice cream, and candy. But, I am in a totally different category. I need my sugar fix everyday! I had 1/2 pan of rice crispy treats all by myself on Monday. I then had 1/2 pan of Peanut Butter brownies on Tuesday, not to mention whipped cream too.
I feed my addiction every night, and often out of shame eat my sugar alone and standing. I needed to find something to help me control myself. When I stepped on my scale this morning at 2 lbs extra, I knew I had to do something. I have done a calorie counting diet before, which lasted a month. But, with this last go-round of sugar cravings, I knew I was in for a doozie.
I have turned into a fruit fly.
The Fruit Flush is just what it sounds like. Fruits for two days straight....nothing else! The tropical fruits are not an option (banana, pineapple, mango, etc).
What was my diet today? 2 apples, 2 white peaches, 3 plums and an ENTIRE bag of green grapes. My stomach is so sour. My teeth feel rotten. I feel bloated and sick. Nothing is being "flushed" out at this point.
Tomorrow should be better. I hope to "flush" out a few lbs! Gotta be consistent and firm. After this flush, hopefully I can then have more control on my diet and start fresh in moderation.
As I made a delicious strogonaff tonight, I was very sad to not partake. But, now it is 8:30pm and I will go to bed in an hour to get up by 4:15am for my workout. If I don't do it then, I won't do it at all. I am a fried egg when I get out of school, and the last thing I want to do is go workout! Whether it's hitting the grocery store, returning something, or talking with my principal, the time flies and I don't get home 'til after 4pm. Then it's dinner, homework, and catch up time with Isaac.
There are things I miss about being at home full time, like my leisure activities; going to classes at the gym (teaching them), taking a random nap, lunch with friends, playdates, watching Oprah, going to a park, reading a book, etc. It's hard to let things slide when I am at work all day long. It's hard to not mop or clean bathrooms on a certain day of the week, or make homemade cookies as an afterschool snack, or go get my haircut during school hours, or catching up on my blog during the afternoon "lull." Somethings just have to be put on the back burner.
But, I am really happy teaching again. I think a part time set up would be perfect, but until then.... I am embracing my opportunity to teach kids. How satisfying it is to stimulate my brain and try to think of 15 different ways on how I can teach place values on a chart.
One more day Mrs. Fruitfly. One more day.
Update: never did "flush" out! I am concerned that maybe I have a crooked intestine? Not sure, but it was frustrating to sacrifice and not see or feel any results!
3 comments:
good luck, add a bunch of water to the mix and hopefully you'll flush it all out! i admire your time management- taking care of three busy boys and a household has got to be tough when you're gone all day!
Good luck with facing down the sugar demons! I have really good days, and then I have the half a pan of rice crispy treat days, so I feel your frustration. I hope the fruit flush helps!
You are so strong to get up at 4:15am!! That would be very hard for me.
Good luck with the fruit flush. You'll have to post on how it turns out. Sugar is such a hard thing to break and especially for momma's. Keep it up! xoxo.
Post a Comment