Wednesday, October 6, 2010

new house


Thoughts about my new house...been here for 4 days now.

Packing and cleaning 'til 11:3opm on Friday night. Slept on a couch without linens. Boys were at a sleepover (why have I not pawned my kids off before with other moves! What a relief it was to not worry about food or bedding for them!) Up by 6am, worked and labored in new house until 10:30pm. Jared was a working horse as he sweated away his body weight 3 x's over. Woke up the next morning feeling like we had been hit by a freight train.

I was frustrated by all of the HAIR in the fridge/microwave, soap scum in the shower and splattered ovens. That took me so long to get cleaned out, that the rest of the unpacking/shuffling/ organizing really had to be put on hold.

So grateful for good friends who came through once again! Thank you so much for watching my kids (including sleepover, food, love, entertainment and soccer games), helping organize my entire kitchen, cleaning my high-maintenance hardwood floor, bringing over lunch and dinner, etc.

Jared and my heart was full.

Appreciation. Exhaustion. Sacrifice. Commitment. Generosity. Sweat. Rubber Gloves. Ross decor.

Still trying to get my house to where I can "maintain" it. I really have to work extra hard to get projects done, while still preparing meals and enjoying my kids! Our routine is totally thrown off b/c
#1 We are not used to being at home during the school days
#2 New house/rhythm/rumbo
#3 I am stressed out!

Overall, very happy with the home. Lots of potential for fun dinner parties and play dates (need to get our backyard fixed up) and excited about the new space.

The hard workers: Jared, Marc Taylor and Alex Molina. Sweaty sweethearts.

Isaac "helped" in many ways. Especially moving boxes and tearing the edges.


A last look as things got packed up from the Sierra Montana house.

Leslie Boley, my loyal friend. Been with me now for...oh...6 moves or so. She is such a hard worker, scrubber, cleaner, excellent organizer and has an eye for details. That woman will do anything for me; including scrub out a baggie of rotten ground beef that got left behind in our freezer outside...the smell alone would kill a person. That took some serious love.


Tim, "Boom Baby" painted up the house in about two weeks time. No easy task, but we enjoyed his company all along the way. This is the third house he has painted for us, and hopefully the last.

Baki, the German contractor oversaw the hardwood floors and other fixtures. What a work ethic that man has.
Loading up!
Laying down the carpet and hardwood floor.

Just watching these men haul up the front loader made me nervous and I had to leave the room. It took some monster strength to lift it up the stairs. So glad that was NOT my job.


First night: The boys LOVE our shower. It has 5 shower heads and they love to get soaped up!


Isaac reminds me of one of those 4D ultrasound pictures. What a sweet baby.
Isaac is still trying to figure out where he is...

Oh...the unpacking begins...what a MESS.


Here to save the day with lunch is my dear friend April. Even though she is prego, she is still here to help out!

Even though we were working, we loved all of our chit chatting amidst the tupperware, forks, boxes and dishes. Leslie even found my lost dishes...of course they were the last box in the garage.

Did you know you can buy Subway bread and make your own sandwich? April is so smart.
Trisha Mariner and I scrubbed out most of the nastiness from the previous owners. I was on my knees with a toothbrush in many areas. Disgusting.
Leslie and I started to organize the garage. Jared and I finished it...12 HOURS later. Exhausting. At least we got to de-junk most of the "stuff" we had been carrying around from house to house.


This is what my fridge looked like on my last week. Where is the food? I had to be creative with meal planning.


I hope my pantry stays this organized always. It's a bit smaller than I would like, so I can't stock up on many "food storage" items here, but I am happy to start fresh.
This was Isaac's way of helping me. He would take out the fridge items, line them up and then laugh. What a cutie.


The first night: sleeping soundly.
Pack 'n play for Izzy...check out his pot belly.

Sleeping, but not so soundly?

First morning; Oct 4th, 2010 (our Fall Break). We are so excited to be here! I am tired with all I have to accomplish this week.
Isaac is feeling right at home.



















.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait for pics! I'm glad you have so many friends to help you out and that you are still close to them!

Toodles said...

I'm glad you have good friends that are still near you too!!! What a blessing!

You and Jared are hard workers and why was there so much hair in the fridge / microwave... ughh!! Sorry you had to clean all of that out!

Is school out this week for all of you?

Michelle said...

so glad you're all moved in. I hope life can get back to normal for you! love you!

blair and maisy said...

Wanna see pics once you feel like you have your stuff unpacked!

The Gearharts said...

It's been a bit since I checked your blog, I hope by now you are settled in and rested a bit more. Life is hard, but amazingly we all still struggle along and find joy in it, thank goodness for that.