Monday, October 18, 2010

settling in

I need to find a babysitter that lives closer to my house. This rush rush rush thing in the morning is not good for my stress level. Jared is good about getting the kids ready by 6:30am, but even with me coming in from the gym at 5:55am...it doesn't give me enough time to feel like I have a good handle on the morning.

My morning rush:
5:55am Get home from gym, make a protein shake, pack water bottles, lunches and snacks into backpacks (prepared the night before)

6:10 Make bed. Rush into the shower. One day is hair washing, no shaving. Next day can be body washing/shaving, but no hair washing...you get the idea. One or the other...no time for both!

6:18 STRUGGLE to find something to wear. I am so sick of my outfits!!!

6:25 Throw on some make up, fix up hair (if I am straightening it, I have to really rush through the last 10 minutes), put on jewelry, carry shoes downstairs. Call out to boys, "Vamos!"

6:35 Carry backpacks, lunch bag, purse, Isaac (who is often barely waking up and drinking down his smoothie...barely getting a diaper change and clothes thrown onto him)...all outside

6:40 Load up boys. I AM ALREADY LATE!

6:42 Family prayer in the car or driveway with Jared (I impatiently tap my foot and want to just leave)

6:45 Speed to my babysitter....try to get there in 8 min. Crossing over the Highway 303 is tricky b/c sometimes there is a lot of commuter traffic.

6:52 Toss Isaac into my babysitters arms, kissing him all the way to the doorstep

6:53 Back out of the driveway and SPEED to school. It's a 10 min drive, at the least...on a good morning (no tractors, school buses, cops or slow drivers to slow me down)

7:03 Roll up to school. Corral the boys out of the car. Walk them to breakfast, check for my principal (to see if she is looking for me yet), catch my heart rate that is through the roof...

And then my day begins...

Not quite the way I like to start my day. Everyday I am trying to play catch up at school with lesson plans...and then again at home with laundry, grocery shopping, menu planning and family planning.

Stresssssful. Where can I find more time in my morning? I already get up at 4:10am...and don't get home from work 'til after 4:30pm everyday. I am already tired just thinking about tomorrow. Another day, another little dime (vs dollar).

By the time I am home, we do homework...start on dinner...go to a park/play a game/catch, etc. Dinner is at 6:30pm, bedtime routine 'til 7:30pm. I play with Izzy for a bit longer while we clean up; vacuuming the hardwood floor, prepping for tomorrow's snacks, etc. It's already 8:30pm by the time I sit down to relax...and then I am tired by 9pm and need to be in bed by 9:30pm.

Someday I will look back on these days and just shake my head at how crazily busy I am with this working routine and child rearing days....until then, just gotta do it again and again and again.

Here are pics of my sweet baby Isaac who I MISS DEARLY EVERYDAY....sigh...

What a smile! He loves that Spiderman glove.
Yogur...with a mustache.
Autos
I love that he loves accessories.
He loves hats!

He looks so cute from behind...with those shorts and hat on backwards.

His morning licuado.
Learning to feed himself...so fun and messy.


Te amo mucho! Even if you are super ornery and irritable in the mornings...and afternoons...and won't let me sit down while holding you...I still love you.

7 comments:

Julie said...

You are like a human tornado! Poor exhausted girl!

Michelle said...

It really is insane how you do it all. I can't imagine! So did Jared find work? I can't believe you have to be at school at 7! What time does school start?
Like I always say....you're amazing.

Toodles said...

You are amazing A and you will look back at these days with fond memories (the harder the period of our lives, the more we look back with fondness... okay not always, but often. ; ).

Keep it up! You help me realize I can do more in my day! Besos.

Boley Boys said...

I REALLY don't know how you do it! BLAH!!!

elshmobelsh said...

You are woman!!! You have a great inner strength A! I'm excited to see pics of your fix-up when you are done! We close on our fixer-upper next week. I'm afraid it will take months for us to repaint and refloor. :P Any pointers? And at least with all the moves, you get to make more friends. HOpefully you can stay put in this place for awhile! Good luck!

Brooke said...

Wow that's a lot of rushing....made me feel stressed reading about it!! I am impressed you get up so early every day....and especially that you can shower and be ready so fast!!

Jana said...

Just reading this makes me stress! Slow down girl!
Do you at least have some "quiet time" during lunch for some inspirational reading and meditation?! lol! :)
You ARE amazing and love you!