Wesley: student of the month!
I know that most parents are busy. Of course we are! Working or not. Busy bees we are.
Here was my non-typical day:
4:20 Arise to go work out. 60 min. of cardio (elliptical, pretty low key and I barely sweat...if I push too hard I get side cramps).
5:50-6:45 Get hair straightened, prep boys (with Jared's help), fix lunch (leftover burros, pico de gallo, an apple, container of cereal for my second breakfast, carrots and wheat thins), go downstairs.
6:49 Family prayer. "Armadura de Dios." Finally load up into car. DEAD BATTERY! That has never happened before.
7:00 After Jared's quick and resourceful jump, head to school.
7:15-3:45 A full day of teaching math, prepping for AIMS state test, after school tutoring of the failing jr. high kids (you can imagine how motivated they are to study with me after school), and head to Becky's to pick up Isaac from daycare.
3:50 Isaac has pink eye :( Pink, crusty, goopey eyelids. He wasn't there for 2 hours before she texted me saying that he had goop. It's like a "pitre" dish (as Gpa Lowe says) of breeding grounds for germs. I start stressing....thinking of scheduling an appt for him tomorrow and how to swing it with our jobs.
4:25pm Arrive home with my boys begging to eat, play video games, and Isaac screaming. I had TWO PIANO students that I had forgotten about!
4:30 As Isaac is screaming in Gpa Lowe's arms in the garage.... I gather myself to teach an hour of piano. Wesley and Austin are trying to eat an afternoon snack (Austin ends up melting down in tears b/c I won't let him eat chips). Man, I felt unprofessional. I felt bad for my students who had to hear my children screaming, and also as I tried to semi-direct in them in the path of getting ready for a baseball scrimmage.
4:55 In waltzes Jared from work. Hoo-ray! Save me from my kids so we can work at the piano! Hopefully the dad, who decided to stay and watch the lesson for his first time, isn't too dissapointed by the chaos.
5:28 The first piano students leave. I rush to throw some chicken into the microwave to defrost. Cut up some green beans....ding dong..my SECOND set of students (a make up lesson, which I had forgotten about until 4:30 and quickly called to push it back an hour). Throw my food at Grandpa Lowe and ask him to finish it...not quite sure what I was even making!
6:30 We end the lesson, and I anticipate my hubby and 3 boys (Isaac went to, "I go papa! I go!"). Finish prepping dinner. My legs are tired. I haven't peed since noon!
6:55 Dinner on table, plates on and tired family sits down. No FHE tonight.
7:30 Done with dinner, start the clean up. Jared takes boys upstairs for bed....an hour later they are still chit chatting about life questions. I start on the mopping and vacuuming.
9:00 Eyes are burning. Back achey. Side cramps. Floors clean and wet. Tired!!! More laundry to fold from Sunday...can't do it...too tired.
9:30 Lights out.
2:30am Jared peels him off of the "sticky" couch where he fell asleep watching tv. He is super awake at this point, which wakes me up while he is getting ready for bed and trying to fall back asleep. Keeps us up for another hour...and I am stressing all over again about that blasted pink eye...sigh. Up by 4:20 for another work out (b/c I do love them!)
Here we go again!
Update: 4/4/11
Isaac got strep throat. I took him in for what I thought was an ear infection to a pediatric office that was open 'til 7pm (thankfully). After waiting an hour in the small lobby, Dr. took us back. He checked out ears, they were fine. He touched his throat and Isaac then lunged for me and started crying. Tested positive. Poor baby.
That meant in one month he had two ear infections, pink eye and strep throat. It's hard being a working mommy when I can't protect him from germs, nor nurture and care for him while he is sick.
6 comments:
I relate to this so well and I'm not trying to pull off nearly as many jobs as you are every day. I just have felt so exhausted with this pregnancy. I don't know how you're doing it without a nap. You're amazing!
Blasted pink eye! We got it back in December. Tallin brought it home from school and it spread threw my house so fast. I was the only one who didn't get it. We were washing hands every minute, wiping everything down with clorox wipes, it didn't matter it was everywhere! I hate pink eye and hope we never get it again! Good Luck. I hope you and Issac are feeling better and no one else has gotten it!
Oh my... that is a jam packed day! I can just feel myself breaking down and crying in that same scenario! You are strong! Jared and all your boys are so blessed to have you in their lives!! Keep it up and also, my friend gave me these MSM drops she said were great for Pink Eye. We haven't had pink around here though so I haven't tried them yet. You can probably find some at a natural store...
Good luck mamacita!
Pinkeye is demonic, I tell you. We have it at our house this week, too. I am cheating with preemptive drops for myself just cuz I don't want to get it. Keep hanging in there!!!
We had pink eye at the same time LOL :) Well, Tori had it anyway-- in both eyes! They swelled up so big that she couldn't open her eyes and they were crusted shut, yesterday she started looking pink again and I was going through the SAME thing as you with the whole "when am I going to get her back to the Dr". But I didn't have to do it amidst all you have to do! You truly are "super woman" lady! :) I am tired just READING your blog!
holy crap Adrienne...when you do posts like this I look at my life and feel so lazy! I do make it to the gym each morning (but not at 4:30!!!!)
I seriously don't know how you do it. I hope your kids are feeling better.
love you!
Post a Comment