Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween this year was busy and full of sugar.
Wesley: Davy Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean
Austin: Angel of Death
Isaac: Knight
Levi: Camoflauge hunter
Jared: Cowboy
Adrienne: Medusa

We loved the church trunk or treat and the weather was warm! The Souder's had a spookylicious Halloween party, including a costume parade and fear factor (where Wesley tried dog food, tofu and said NO to a live cricket).

Carving pumpkins the NIGHT of Halloween! It was a bit stressful, but Jared did a great job and the boys were excited about their happy and scary faces. I really loved our spiderweb lights outside and Mr. Bones hanging from the doorway.

Trick or treating in the neighborhood with the Ashton's was fun too. We strolled from house to house and I kept telling Jared, "Look at us! We are here with our own little family...doing it all for them and creating memories!" I sometimes have those "reality checks" where I see myself as a mother of FOUR and think, "How did I get here?" We indulged on sugar cookies, counted up the candies afterwards and went to bed WAY later than normal.

A good Halloween.














No comments: