Wednesday, December 14, 2011

happy homemaker




















I have really enjoyed these last few days of being a stay at home mother! Now that most of the workers, painters, landscapers are gone...and we no longer have any house guests living here (for now!), I am LOVING my solitude, privacy, cleanliness and home.

I love being able to leave the kitchen dirty until I get back from the gym, and not having to feel embarrassed for whomever might stop by and see my mess! It's so nice to just come home, unload the kiddos, take a HOT shower and get ready by 11am (vs a 7am crunch like last year).

I love doing my small daily chores (dusting, dishes, laundry, vacumming, etc). Little by little, the house gets cleaned...and dirtied...and then cleaned again. A never ending project, but I am grateful to have TIME at home to clean it as I go...and not stress over it b/c I am working full time or have places to go all the time. I love having time to email and research and chat online!

I love making lunch dates with new friends at their homes and getting to know them better. I love play dates for Isaac, even if he won't leave my side during it all. I love having the freedom to do these things...socializing!

I love spending time with Isaac as he plays alongside me and follows me everywhere (ok, that part does get annoying and I am working on having patience! He is really good at watching movies, so I have that outlet...) I love sharing quesadillas and liquados and cuddling him up. No more naps for him, but I think I like the afternoon "outings" that we can now have. I love tossing the ball on the floor with him, reading him books, giving him "crackers and milk" and how he insists that I watch him as he "peets!" (potty)

I love taking care of my baby Levi. I love feeding him, cooing with him, rocking him, and setting up the humidifier with Vicks so he will sleep soundly. I love rubbing his fuzzy hair and kissing his slobbery wet double chin.

I love being able to go to ANY grocery store I want without a time restrain! I love having our little bit of money to spend on weekly food budgets, and making the menus and price matching with the neighborhood stores. I love having dinners and afternoon snacks ready for my boys.

Mean mom DOES come out nightly around 8pm, but other than that "twilight hour" of madness where my kids are LOUD and obnoxious, I am truly HAPPY to be at HOME.

4 comments:

Boley Boys said...

"Mean Mom"...I love it! You sound just like me! I don't know what it is about 8 o'clock. 7:45, I'm fine, patient and loving...but Look Out if the boys are still monkeying around at 8.
I'm SO happy for you that you get to stay home and enjoy a more low key year.

Arianne Pearce said...

Way to be grateful for all the wonderful things in your life as they are truly wonderful. I am usually pretty awful by about 5 until about 8, so that's lucky that you have a much shorter time frame then me! I also think you are doing great at everything you do. Embrace this time with your little ones- I know I do. I am thankful for these things every single day. They go by way too fast.

Michelle said...

this post made me very very happy. :)

blair and maisy said...

I've been taking it for granted! So glad you're happy.