Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Point of View from Austin

I found in my camera the other day some pics that Austin had taken from his "point of view." What I really liked was seeing things from not only his perspective, but his height! The cabinets seem so tall, or how he loved his new Mesa Temple photo from primary, or the food from Costco on the counter.

The best is the picture of screaming baby Levi in the carseat. I often see Levi from the rear view mirror as he sheds those tears, but here I could see what his brother thinks of his crying!

Austin has really made a best friend with Isaac these last few days of Christmas break. He gets up with him in the morning, gets him dressed, makes his bed, makes him his toast or cereal for breakfast, plays ALL day long with him, encourages him to finish his meal (which Isaac won't do for me, but he will for Austin), goes potty with him, gets excited to watch movies together and has really just been a little BFF for Isaac. I love their friendship. Isaac is equally as happy with Austin and is constantly asking for him if he is no longer in the room. I hope they can maintain this strong brotherhood as they get older!

He is very tender with Levi and can calm him down pretty quickly (unless mama is in the room, then Levi cries to be held by me!) I also LOVE his "heart men" that he now draws, and I also included a letter he wrote to his favorite babysitter that I thought was sweet.


We keep telling Austin what a great builder or engineer he is. This morning he told me he only likes to build, grow muscles, eat candy, go to fun places like Disneyland and Sea World (to buy drinks). I asked him if he liked to read or sleep or eat...nope. He also told me a few days ago how he can speak three languages: English, Spanish and toddler.

Austin just told me today at the park, "Isaac is like my wart. He keeps sticking to me wherever I go."








1 comment:

Toodles said...

I'm so glad that every time I check your blog, it's been updated. :) You are diligent.

I like the idea of the Christmas presents: want, need, share. I'll have to use that going forward. Sounds like Austin is a good lil helper! What a stud!