We left for Michelle and Robert Fordham's wedding after Jared got off work on a Wednesday (not 'til 2pm!). We had a long 10 hour drive to Utah, arriving close to 1am to Kariann Sewell's house in South Jordan (Daybreak). The boys traveled really well (of course they did watch 6 movies in the car!) We stopped for Subway in St George and pressed on. The boys were thrilled to see snow for the first time and played in it (even the dirty stuff) at the gas station!
I loved every minute I had with my old SUU roommate Kariann. We stayed up every night talking 'til late, looking at social media with her single friends, sharing memories over tea (I had hot cocoa), and just building up our friendship again. Our kids got along great with each other, played Monopoly card games and of course played in the snow. How fortunate we were to crash at her house, share meals and then run around as needed. It was crazy snow blizzard weather and so we had to be extra careful and take more time to travel.
My good friend Julie Boam came all the way down from Layton to visit with me for an afternoon. She took Levi and I out for some last minute Christmas shopping (in the blizzard!) I was so tired with throbbing feet from my cute tall boots that in Target I had to take them off and go barefoot! I loved seeing her and reconnecting with her. She is always so whitty and fresh!
The boys were lucky to have fresh snow on their first day in Utah! They got up early, put on borrowed snow gear and played! Snowmen, caves, snowballs, and forts were just a few. We were lucky to have a neighbor lend us clothing for little Levi. A priceless picture to see he and Isaac in snow for the first time! Tio Gavin drove over from Sandy the next day and went sledding with us. It's a lot of work getting everyone in the snow gear, but he helped out the prego mama. Fresh snow is so beautiful!
After we got cold and tired from sledding, we then went and had a yummy soup lunch date with our old mission presidents George. It had been several years since Jared had seen them, and I had the opportunity to run into them last year when I went to the Oquirrh Mtn Temple on a business trip. Our boys were very well behaved (even ate the soup) and we had a nice quick visit. As we left, I remember Pte telling Jared that he was not worried about him, like he may be with other Elders. I think that made Jared proud :)
To finish off the afternoon we enjoyed and indulged on some Dunford Donuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment