Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Veteran's Day

Marley Park had a Veteran's Day assembly. Austin invited Grandpa Lowe to come, which he gladly came to. I was hesitant to go b/c I didn't know about it and it was so last minute. But, my mom and I decided to go; hauling the three littles ones in the wagon. So nice to live close by! I am glad that we went! Tears were shed as we watched all these veteran's come down the line and shake hands with the little kids. My mom and I just looked at each other and the spirit of patriotism was shared. It was especially touching as my dad can't walk now and he had to shuffle along in his walker.  We all gathered around afterwards where I served him some breakfast and we shared some love with him. Grateful he is my dad and grateful that he served our country.
 







No comments: