Friday, June 22, 2007

The Boogyman


Growing up I never really thought that the Boogyman existed. So why, now that I am a grown woman, do I believe in him? I am alone with Austin for the weekend and I am scared of the dark! Last night I turned on all of the exterior and interior lights, crawled into Wesley's bed (heaven forbid that something happens to Austin and so I figured I might as well sleep in the same room!), and then went beyond crazy...I locked the doors leading inside the bedroom in case someone tried to break in and get us! Estoy loca? Crazy girl?

Hopefully there are more people out there that are also afraid of the dark! Tonight I will put my dog Wrangler on watch and hopefully he can protect me from those night sounds...

9 comments:

Amberly said...

I hope you survived the night- I'm so happy you're blogging! What a terrific way to keep in touch- when are you outta here?

Amy said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Your life will never be the same! hahaha

Joseph Cone Darnell said...

Adrienne, you're going to freak your kids out with all this boogyman stuff....haha. I'll tell you what you do, build a fort out of the couch coushins and cover it with protective blankets...and also an invisible "force field", no boogyman ever got past one of those!!!
I can't believe Jared and his little motorcycle gang...awesome

Jana said...

I know what you mean. I tell Jackson and Noah scary stories before bed ( their choice) and then I end up scared once I am laying down in bed, alone and in the dark. Which I find myself frequently from Jason's call. I am sooo happy you are blogging. Careful. It is far too addicting!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid of thunderstorms..I remember once when Andy was about 6, there was a thunderstorm and Steve wasn't home... Andy went and got the flashlight and told me... "I'll keep you safe Mom."

Anonymous said...

Hey chica-how fun to read your thoughts! You are very entertaining and I love the way you decribe your day-to-day life. Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading!
xoxo, Kelli

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

It's so nice to read your blog, girl! NONE of my other friends are blogging yet... I can't even get them to leave comments! They keep writing me emails about things that I post... ha! Maybe someday... :)
It's way fun doing a blog, and yes, it is addicting... It reminds me of being a missionary, taking pictures just because you can't wait to write about what you're doing!
Glad we still keep in touch even though we have husbands and kids that keep us soooo busy- can't wait to read more!!!
BTW, how in the heck do you get your picture up in your bio? I've tried a few different ways, without sucess- I used to think I was pretty computer savvy... :)

Lauren said...

Sounds like that imagination ran away from you...I definitely can relate. I love your blog...definitely fun to read. Good luck with that house. We have been house hunting ourselves, but everything is ridiculously high-priced so we are going to wait it out another 6 months. Talk to you soon.