Friday, July 13, 2007

Nordstrom-a-holic


I am Adrienne and this is Danielle.


And we are Nordstrom-a-holics. While we were in Fresno, California this last week (on a business trip for our hubbies opening up a new showroom of DirectBuy), we discovered the Nordstrom Rack!!

To put it lightly, we visited that place everyday that we were there...in between our helping out where needed at the showroom and fetching food for the employees (always a big yet fun task for me since I love food!!!). Not only did Danielle and I really enjoy our time NOT being mommies for a few days, but I learned a bit more about the tricks of shopping:

  1. Number one: NO CHILDREN!!! Who can enjoy trying on clothes in a dressing room between sippy cups, a stroller and a tired toddler? Not to mention that you have no room to even take a peak in the mirror b/c of tight quarters.
  2. Number two: NO SCHEDULE!!! I need to not be on a tight schedule to bustle through the aisles and sort through the many racks of clothing. Good shopping requires a clear mind and plenty of time to explore a variety of fashion options! Plaid? Stripes? Solid colors? Creativity is a must!
  3. Number three: FRIENDS!!! I prefer to go with girlfriends (or in my case, my husband Jared who loves to go shopping even more than I do, just lacks the time to do so). I love being able to ask their opinions of things look too frumpy, short, tight, ugly or straight out don't match!
  4. Number four: No budget!!! Wait a second, that one is important but I like to think that when I am shopping, I don't have a budget. That way I am in a less constricting frame of mind and I can let myself feel "free" for once! Then my sense of style can flourish!
  5. Number five: Anyone who knows me that when doing shopping, always keep your tags and receipts handy for all of those returns that I LOVE to do!!! In this case, we returend to the "Rack" 3 x's for returns...always important to be organized.
Even though Surprise, AZ does have many shopping options (well, only Kohl's and Target), I left my heart not in San Francisco, but in Fresno at the Nordstrom Rack...

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love to shop too..and used to make my way over to The Rack if I got to night school with time to kill (have to have extra time to kill on the freeways if needs be--you never know in Cali!) It's fun, but definitely more fun if you don't have to worry about snacks, nap times, sippy cups, etc! I'm glad that you two had fun and hope that you make it back to our part of Cali soon! :) -Allison

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to shopping with the kids! lol. Trying to keep them either in our out of the dressing room is just one of the many challeges of shopping with them.

All of the clerks know me at certian stors and they're always amazed when I show up without them...they actualy don't always recognize me. lol.

Frisco is da bomb when it comes to shopping!

I lived there back in 1989 and I would go crazy in the garment district. Lots of one of a kind shops to get those unique items you wont see on a million other people at prices that are actualy realistic.

So, your hubbys not the only guy who loves shopping more then thier wifey! lol.

Glad you had fun!

Posey Cowart said...

Thanks for the fun comments! I love to hear from you! your Blog makes me so excited to have 2 boys! I want the baby to grow up so the can play better together! Also, I live a nordstrom rack! I am wearing shoes from there right now!

Jana said...

Shopping fun! I NEVER (if I can help it!) go clothes or fabric/craft shopping as the only adult with my two kids... they start freaking the moment they notice I'm walking toward the fabric aisle in WalMart!!!
So fun! :)

Adrianne said...

You have no idea how much I miss Nordstrom Rack, please don't tell me you're just now discovering it???

I admire your dedication to teaching your boys Spanish - keep it up!