
We made it the Juarez Mexico Temple last week....yup, crossed the border and headed on over. Ironically, it was much easier to attend this special event than it was for me living in AZ....where the commute to Mesa was 1.5 hours one way...looking at an easy 5-6 hours (if you shove a quick bit to eat inbetween freeways) of a trip.
We went with some friends who have been numerous times and knew the side roads to take to get to the temple quickly. We crossed the border in about 25 minutes and the temple was minutes away from there....We will be going again tomorrow (go figure, we don't go for 4 months and then we got twice in one!) and hopefully we can find it again as easily.
I especially enjoyed it b/c we were able to do the session in Spanish. I hadn't attended a session in Spanish since my mission days, 5 years ago...so everything had so much more meaning for me. I actually paid more attention as I translated things in my head and looked at all the sweet Mexicans around me. Forget the end part, I was a mess and couldn't say anything correctly! Whichever is the dominant language for that session, by members attending, is the one that will be given. The Lord saw it fit to put a temple in Mexico b/c He knew that members could more easily cross the border to Mexico, than to ask the Mexicans to cross over to the USA.
We finished off our lovely evening with a VIP Movie Pass to a cinema in Juarez where they have recliner chairs, waiters to deliver your food and sushi if wanted inside the movie theatre. Talk about service! Of course for the same price, if not less, than a ticket here in TX.
I am loving El Paso...the simple and non-congested streets and the common everyday things to do (visit the parks, story times, shopping, etc)...I can't wait to finally move into my home too!
2 comments:
That makes me want to go and do a session in Spanish so bad. It has been since my mission too since I did that. :( That is awesome. About my trip coming up. The kids are all going. My entire family is. Can't wait!!!! And we are flying. I did fly to UT by myself with all three during the summer and it is fine. Crazy, but fine. :) Why aren't you taking kids to Disneyworld?
That was a sweet entry. We need to get to the temple too!
Post a Comment