
So....do any of you watch "Biggest Loser???" I have found that when I watch it, I just feel so thrilled to see the weight loss, despite all of the drama and issues that may happen amongst the contestants. Because I myself was a huge mama at one point (on the mission, my comps can testify to this!!!), I have known what it was like to finally lose the weight that was bearing me down....
As I was watching the show last night, thinking about all their calories burned and watching them sweat away on the treadmills, I was stuffing my mouth of sour cream 'n onion potato chips, Chex Truffle Mix and a huge tangy taffy to top it off. This was of course after a big dinner. What the heck! Why do I watch this program if I am going to indulge myself with such junk! ha! Oh well, I was enjoying the calories going into my body while everyone on tv was exposing of calories. I figured in my own way, by putting my hand into the bag and up to my mouth, that could count as a form of exercise, right?
Next week I will have to munch on some of my favorite pringles....good thing I am teaching my kickboxing class tomorrow morning and will have to do a few extra sit ups to make it up!
6 comments:
So did you get the job at the ymca after all then? Where are you going to teach??? Yeah, i love the show too, often I think... mmm i'll make cookies (no bakes, i LOVE them) but then I think, duh, Im watching the biggest loser!!! ;0 Entiendo.
I think that show is great too! It gives you a wake up call and makes you feel more accountable, well usually!! Sometimes you just need junk food thats all there is to it. Hope all is well see you soon! Abby
hey girl..good blog! good reminder too. That show definitely motivates me. I need Julian to be my roommate!
I appreciate a person that can enjoy multiple junk food items in one sitting. I too find myself doing lots of mindless eating in the evening. What a curse. I used to go to the gym in the evening when I was single and that helped a lot since I'm not a morning snacker.
On a sad note, did you know that the Biggest Loser winner from season one is all the way back up to 300 pounds? I saw the article in a Newsweek with a picture of him. I was so sad for him because he worked so hard to lose the weight. He said it has come back on as he has been so busy with work and such--probably exactly the same excuse he was using before. It's a lifestyle change not a diet!
also love the show, great motivation, but also find myself watching it from my couch with a treat in hand... hmmm...
SO TRUE!! We always joke that, "biggest loser is on, grab the oreos!" It's true, we love to cheer them on, but like to indulge...maybe because they are being so deprived. Hummm, wish I taught kick-boxing...I need to drop this weight! I have a baby, I have a baby...need to remember that more!! Love ya
Post a Comment