Friday, November 2, 2007

Octopus Arms

There is one main thing I am SO ANXIOUS to have again in my new/remodeled home...A GARAGE! One can't appreciate it until it is snatched away from you...take today for example.

In order to get to my apartment, we have to park in a parking area a good 150 feet away, hop over a wall to make it only 50 feet away, and then climb the second story to get to my house.

This is not easy for grocery carrying, nor days like today when I needed 8 arms instead of 2.

Austin was crying and took off his shoes, did I mention he also peed all over himself in the process? So, carrying him would've been ideal, but I had no extra arms. I was already carrying: 6 small pumpkins from a craft project that went bad, including the pots that they had fallen out of, Wesley's preschool backpack, two jackets, a binder with pens, Austin's leftover shoe and sock, my purse, and let's see....oh yes, Austin was screaming for my hand to hold...

Wesley usually helps me, but this time he had put his "nasty" gum into his fingers and was trying to figure out how to get it off....he was concerned only about how to get clean...

Needless to say, garages are the best for mama's to load up toddlers, sippies, bags and other essential items ONE THING AT A TIME...and not all at once like I am having to do these days...

6 comments:

Amberly said...

Garages are definately blessings, never to be underappreciated. Sounds like you have your hands full these days lady!

Diana said...

I feel your pain--I have yet to even have one, but believe me it's on the top of my list of things I can't wait to have when I have a house!

Rachel said...

Boy do I remember those days well. The worst was when they both fell asleep in the car, I remember trying to carry two sleeping kids plus groceries into our apartment without leaving anyone unattended anywhere. I'm an LDS mom in Las Cruces, and I found your blog through a Google search. I'm looking for LDS homeschooling moms in the area. I see you mention homeschooling in your profile, so if you are homeschooling or know anyone who is I'd love to get an email from you.
Thanks!

Jana said...

Hey Adrienne!
We've never had a garage since we've been married! It wasn't really a big deal until we started having kids. It's easier out here in the sticks, I just let them "help" me carry groceries (NOT the eggs! haha) in to the house. When we lived in town, I would take them inside, put on a movie and and close and lock the door, then go back to the car, unlock the doors, and start bringing in the bags- I'd often just set them by the front door and go back for more- because my kids would freak out every time I walked out the door! :) It's easier now that they can help- and now that I don't have to worry about them being kidnapped or wandering into a busy street. I feel for you!!! And I'm so glad you'll be getting a garage soon. You're so blessed to be moving into your own home soon!

Kates said...

Hello Wilsons! This is Katie (Davis) Hunt. I found your blog through Nikki Bridge's blog. Anyway, it is good to see your cute little family. Sounds like you are doing well (except for the garage.) I heard you were in our ward awhile back, sorry we missed you! Your boys are so cute and are getting so big! You can check us out at: www.katiehunt.blogspot.com

The Maughans said...

Oh my darling! I thought I was the only one wishing for more appendages. I'm mad you didn't come and see me on your last visit. You'd better next time!
Rachel