After a short six weeks, I had my hair extensions removed. Jared helped me out this morning, as he was very tired of seeing my "nest." I knew it wasn't a good sign when he kept asking me when I was going to take them out. My mother also had described them as being, "bushy." Hmmm...not a good thing to describe them as for sure.
I don't know how anyone can handle having dreadlocks b/c you can't ever really wash or comb your hair out. For my extensions, I wasn't able to do it either and that drove me crazy! After the first painful weeks when my scalp was adjusting to the weave, my scalp got super itchy. Every night I would try to scratch "around" my extensions, but I could never quite get the itch out.
Despite my bushiness and oily scalp, it was fun to have the extra long, silky and thick hair. I like even better knowing that now I can wash my hair and really rinse out any dirt that collects.
If anyone feels like doing it, I would recommend it...why not?
8 comments:
My sister took hers out too after a few short weeks. At least now you can decide if you want to grow your hair back out or keep it short. I wish there was a way to make your hair short without cutting it to see if you like it. I need that.
Good to know, good to know! I appreciate your review on hair extensions! They looked good when I saw them!! I bet they would drive you crazy after awhile though.
Okay, so are you saying you couldn't wash your hair for six weeks? That alone would completely deter me. And the way you work out and sweat that would really turn me off of it. Sounds like the whole thing still needs some tweaks worked out huh?
But Jason Castro has such cute dreadlock! LOL!
Next time try the clip on kind! You then get the best of both worlds! Long hair when you want it and keep up with your short!
Love ya! I thought they looked great!
Thanks for the comment on mommymoments! That post you commented on was actually written by Julie... no wonder you liked it. :)
Sheesh. The things we go through to be beautiful,huh? You looked gorgeous with the extensions, and I'm sure it was an adventure. I'm more for chopping my hair to have less hassle.
HAHA. You're nest?! Thats pretty funny! Im glad you had such a great time in Utah with your mom. And your biker chick pics just crack me up :) Im glad your doing well.
Post a Comment