Monday, July 21, 2008

The gym

Jared and I finally became members of one of the local gyms. It is really like a resort, just 5 levels high (since everything is stacked here). The swimming pool is actually on the top level. Is that ridiculous or what?

I met with the group fitness supervisor, tried to hide my belly a bit and introduce myself so I can get in and start teaching some classes. She actually didn't even bat an eye, but went and got an employee packet to fill out. Was that an actual interview? I didn't even tell her about my past experiences teaching or what my last name was. Sounds good to me!

So, our first day hitting the gym in over a month. Jared took it easy...and I took it beyond easy. I don't even know if I broke a sweat. I feel extra self conscious of my belly these days and I wonder what people think when they see me at the gym, "Is she just fat? Does she need to do some ab crunches? Is she really pregnant?" I did some light weight for my flabby bootie and spreading hips (well, that's a bit exaggerated, but it sure feels like it!).

I took my boys for a bike ride today and that was another strenuous work out, resulting in more vomiting and dry heaving. The good news is though, is that our neighborhood is like a forest and we saw a deer frolicking. I just can't get over how gorgeous, green, lush and scenic it is here.

Work is a huge situation, and Jared and I are just trying to stay afloat. I actually am dreading those long 11-9pm shifts all week long....sigh....I sorta just want to lay in bed all week long with my big bag of cheerios.

I go to the Dr. again this week....will post some news after we go....you'll all want to hear it.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I have a friend who is having her second baby this week, and she is so fit! She only looks about six months along... much smaller than she was with her first. She said that her secret has been a Pilates for pregnancy video.

But don't work yourself too hard. You deserve to just lay in bed all day with your bag of Cheerios, so try to do some relaxing when you can.

Smooches!

Trimbles said...

Wow, Im glad things are working out. Im glad you found a house AND STOP LIFTING THINGS! THats why we hire movers :) I got your email after your message, I dont ever use the gmail account. But the babies and I are doing well. Off to Sunvalley this week for a little R and R and a family reunion. The plan is to work until Christmas and call it good. Day care for 2 infants is $3000 a month, so unless they want to double my salary, its just not worth it. But Im sure you understand. Well, love ya. Tell J hey for me.

Mama Apes... said...

Oh bring it on honey! I want it all the good the bad and the ulgy! I love you for you and love catching up on your busy and exciting life for sure!! Miss ya

Adrianne said...

You are wonderwoman, but seriously ,teaching exercise classes on top of working full time and being pregnant with your third?? Give yourself a rest girl! Humidity is gross, but the amazing green is worth it.

Toodles said...

Wow... a 5 story gym! So do you take the elevator to get to the pool or do you take the stairs since you're at the gym? That would be a toughy for me! Good thing my gym is only 2 stories (maybe the 5 stories would be good for me). I'm finding it harder and harder to get to the gym though. I'm starting to dream of when I can really start working out again... this belly is just too big for anything vigorous!

Congrats on finding a house and getting moved in. I can't believe all that you are doing... you are one amazing momma! Take care and take it easy too! PS... how's the nanny??

KA said...

News that we'll want to hear? Does that mean that its already time for gender ultrasound? Do you like the MD that you've found?
From the whirlwind of the first half of the year, I think you deserve to lay in bed until 2010!

Julie said...

Oh it is good to hear that you found a place to live. You are amazing with all that you do. We are heading to Phili on the 18th so hopefully we will be your neighbors (stateside anyway) soon. Good luck girl. I can't wait to hear about your doctor visit.