Thursday, October 16, 2008

Facebook

Okay okay...I did it. I joined up on Facebook. I am not sure what my reasons were...maybe just to see what all the hype is about. I will admit, I am the type that likes to keep in contact with people, but having 100+ "Friends" on my account is definitely not my goal.

So, one week into it....I am blown away by how many long lost accquaintances (they would be considered "friends" had I kept in touch with them over the last 10 years), have tagged me and found me! We are talking like 15 new contacts a day. I am sure this will die down soon enough, but I will admit another thing...how fun it has been to see what my high school friends have been doing for the last 10 years.

I went last year to my 10 year HS reunion, and saw a bunch of those same people. But, through facebook...I can now see their kids, read about their jobs, and see those people whom I have lost contact with from other grades.

No, this is not a public shout out for Facebook...a simple note to say that it has been fun! I don't forsee myself becomming addicted to posting and reading the latest on everyone everyday, but I do plan on catching up while this phenomenon is hot and running.

I wonder what people are thinking about me?

9 comments:

Amy said...

I've always been much more of a blogger than a..."FACEBOOKER" haha! I actually went about 9 months without checking my account, until recently! Oops! I'm trying to be better...but there's just not enough time in a day! But it's not too bad I guess!

Fawn Harris said...

I also joined Facebook two weeks ago and I had the same response. But I actually had three friends from high school that didn't go to the reunion a few years ago have been looking for me. I haven't left town but guess they didn't know my last name. Crazy small world and yea it does die off. But yep it is fun

Amber Marcum said...

I hear ya girl, I too just joined facebook. It's been fun finding old friends. I'm still sticking with blogging too. :) How are you feeling? Number 3 is so much fun!!!

Trimbles said...

yeah, weird huh. But I dont ever post on it. Thats what the blog is for...

Julie said...

People are thinking that you look absolutely gorgeous, maybe even more so than Highschool (if thats possible). They are also thinking that you are successful and a great Mom with a great outlook on life. Way to go Ades!

Julie said...

The peer pressure!!! :p

Adrianne said...

Yeah, facebook is also sucking up my spare time these days!!! But blogging gives you sooo much more information! And to reply to your comment, I almost never drink Mate, so that photo is not typical, and Gabe is hardly speaking at all yet...we think he's just confused. And by the way, your boys are adorable and mullets are still fashionable in Argentina!! Hope all is well with you.

Heather said...

Yeah, between blogs and facebook - my hubby thinks I'm a computer addict.
So you're out east now huh? How exciting. Was it hard to leave the house you updated so beautifully? How are the boys adjusting? What is your new career? You're PREGNANT?? Lot's of questions that I'm sure you answered in previous postings, but I couldn't read it all because, let's be honest, you got some novels on here =)

Allison said...

I just gave in too...last week I think? Or two weeks ago. Funny! :) Glad to see pics of the boys. They're so cute!!!