This last week was no different. We took Wesley out of preschool, missed their once a week soccer class and headed out to Baltimore, MD. It is an hour away, but the boys were excited to be on this road trip. The parking is over priced, so we paid the $16 just to find a parking stall. Our goal was to go to the Children's museum, which we had heard was great. We hit up the nearby McD's...not good food, but of course the boys loved it...another $20.
We walked over to the museum, only to find that it was CLOSED on Mondays! What the heck! A true dissapointment for sure. Not to waste our hour drive, and $40 that we had already spent in half hour, we stared walking around. The mugginess was pretty intense, and b/c we didn't know the weather could change so quickly, we were very overdressed with our long pants.
We were going to have a fun day dog gonnit! We roamed around the Chesapeake Harbor and to our lovely surprise, spotted some Dragon shaped paddle boats. Those were a hit with our boys! We loaded up (another $16 for just 20 minutes) in the purple dragon and Jared pumped his legs hard all around that harbor. Those life jackets were just adding to our sweaty mess that we were already in! It was fun.
Not much else....walked around quite a bit, sweated, watched cars go by and decided that we had had enough of Baltimore for the day. We headed back towards our house where we hit up the local movie theatre. This was a big treat for our boys. We were pretty shocked to find that the matinee was $30 for us 4. But, we all enjoyed a silly movie about some Chihuahuas in Hollywood.
Needless to say, and $100 later...it was an enjoyable day with our boys.
BEFORE:
Wesley is a true model at heart. He loves to pose. I thought he looked extra sharp in his suit. He lifted his leg on his own, without me even encouraging a pose!
The boys always love to read with papa.
Austin really needed a haircut. He was looking very mousy and fluffy.
10 comments:
That is crazy that you only have one day a week with your boys. I would have already thrown in the towel. I am a sucker for the crazy pitter patter of kids. Well not really just crazy LOL. You are such great parents and are so amazing in so many ways. We miss seeing your boys. They are grown up so much. Crazy how that happens.
I totally understand wanting to make "special" days when you can get them, and having even the best laid plans turn out a little less than perfect. Good job digging out of it. Wesley looks adorable in his little suit, and it looks like he's taken after your love of photo ops. :-)
How fun...way to turn lemons into lemonade and have a fun day even if things didn't go as planned! Look at those leaves....amazingly beautiful!!
Okay- I really love the haircuts and the posing pictures! Those were awesome.
I'm so sorry your day to Baltimore was so much and not quite how you hoped it would turn out. The only place we've visited in Baltimore, and we really like it, is Ft. McHenry. It is were the Star Spangled Banner was penned. If you get a parks pass (which you may want to look into if you'll be seeing a lot while you are here) it is free. Sometimes they have colonial people dressed up too. Just a little FYI for your next trip to Baltimore. ;o)
That purple dragon boat was awesome! :D
I loved seeing all your pics. Thanks for taking the time to share them. Your tummy is cute! :)
I always am shocked and a bit stressed at how quickly I can go through our money when I'm doing simple errands--let alone trying to have a fun day. Seriously, gassing up the car is bad enough, but I usually do it at Costco before I go in and drop at least another $70 in there and then I generally head over to Wal-mart for other miscellaneous groceries and even with price-matching, blah, blah, blah. I get home and look at what I've spent and can't believe it and generally most of it was just necessities.
So Im completely jealous about that back yard!!! Look how green everything is and the leaves?! I havent seen an orange leaf in 3 years!!!! Oh, I really need seasons. :)
Looks like a great trip regardless of the rip off that it cost to go anywhere on the east coast. :) My boys have the exact same suits as yours. :)
look at your third picture on this blog, and you'll see where Port Discovery is...you were right there! Isn't that where you were trying to go, but it was closed?
Sounds like fun! Isn't it crazy how expensive things are here on the East Coast? Your day sounds just like a typical trip to Center City for us- got to love it!
Post a Comment