Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Richmond VA with Grandpa Lowe


Grandpa Lowe came all the way from Mexico to "share joy." He missed all of us and we were super happy to have his company around....Wrangler especially loved on him all week long!
We went to Richmond, VA for a few days while Jared was in some training. We took advantage of some beautiful parks and petting zoos. The fall colors were brilliant...I haven't experienced a "fall time" for 5 years now! My eyes soaked it all up.
We walked all over...I loved being with my boys and away from my work responsibilities.
Check out these handsome gentleman, and those great colors!
Grandpa Lowe and I also took the boys to the Richmond Metro Zoo while Jared was away. Here is Wesley feeding a giraffe for the first time. What a great face.
Check out this long, purple and sticky tongue!
Can you get any closer to this lovely giraffe? They were breathing down OUR necks!
Austin is showing me the "monkey face" on the poster.
We also checked out the Richmond capital. Good thing no one was looking while my boys climbed all over George Washington! A definite no no.
It was a fun day for us.

A cute shot with a cute boy and smelly roses.
The following day we took the kids to their first "Children's Museum." This place was fantastic. The kids are encouraged to run WILD, climb on everything, get dirty, be loud and have fun. These places need to exist in every city...it was my first time as well and I only wish I lived closer to one! The boys loved fixing the car "como papa."
Here we are making huge messes that I did NOT have to clean up. Gingerbread houses!
Here the boys are "crying" like baby dinosaurs...they truly can be best friends and I love it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am glad you had such a good time. Great pictures! I love Children's Museums. :D Whoever invented them is a genius.