Sunday, January 4, 2009

Packed Bag




All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.... (sing the song!)

I don't think I even packed a bag with Austin's delivery, so I am definitely one step ahead.

Here is what I am taking:

* A super cute purse that fits all my baby junk! It's not an official "baby" bag, but I love it :) Kathy Van Zeeland is my favorite.

* Coming home outfit, a cute beanie and footsie striped outfit

*PJ Bottoms, slippers and a t-shirt for me

*Binkies

*Nursing pads

*A blanket

* My hypnobirthing book and an Ensign

* A grooming bag (deodorant, some make up, toothbrush, shampoo, face wash, lotion, etc)

* I also am packing a few items for Jared (clothing, shaver, toothbrush), etc.

* Of course a camera and my hair straightener will be the last two items to throw in.

Hmmm.....all I am missing now is a baby! I went to the Dr. this last week, I am dilated to a two and 50% effaced. None of this means anything to me though until I start having regular contractions. Right now they are sporatic and I am still very anxious to feel every movement from this little monkey, to reassure that everything is okay. Working long hours everyday is a lot harder for me. It's embaressing for me to have to stop and walk super slow when I am with my employees, or when I get comments like, "you look really big! How much weight have you gained?" from complete strangers.

I am so ready to be done!

PS....I now have cankles.

6 comments:

Adrianne said...

GOOD LUCK!! I hope he comes soon and you get a well deserved maternity leave from your job!!

Trimbles said...

I've got my fingers crossed for sooner then later! :) I tried returning your call tonight but it was busy. I was in the NICU (where I spend most of my days now) when you called. We are doing great and hopefully they will be home in a few days... And dont worry about making cute babies, you KNOW you already do! :) Tell J hi for me.

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you! I just finally started washing baby clothes and putting them away today. That got me really excited! And I know exactly which outfit he'll be in! Yay for babies!

Jana said...

That's exciting! I'm right there with ya, babe! Eastern Hospitals must be more modern that western ones- private rooms and jacuzzi tubs, all the way! :)
Sounds like you'll be holding your new baby before I will- mine always come late anyway! Enjoy and I'll be excited to hear from you!

Jana said...

It was so fun getting to shop with you for all those things!!! See you soon :)

Up in Bubbles said...

You look so good in those pics. How can I get a good one like that. You do not have cankels either. You are much more prepared than I have ever been. I don't know how you plan a coming home outfit when you don't know what it is.