Tuesday, July 14, 2009

AFAA

I have not been in college for 6 years now...and boy does it show.

I am studying for my Aerobics and Fitness Association of America test that I will be taking this Saturday. This certification is both a written and demonstration of group fitness knowledge. I have been teaching aerobics now for 5+ years (with a few months off for babies), and never have I had to take this certification. I started out at the good ol' YMCA in Chandler, AZ where they certified me with their own programs. Needless to say, it was a piece of cake to get started.

So, I have somehow been under the radar with all of these gyms and health clubs from AZ to TX to MD without having any current certifications. I feel like I am a decent teacher, so why even get certified~

That is no longer an option. I need to be certified, and it is happening this weekend. I am nervous! I have been studying now for 2 days straight (why not wait until the last minute to cram all the needless info into my brain), and I am exhausted! My eyes are bloodshot from staring at the pages, I find myself getting easily sidetracked (thus this blog!), and I ate an entire sleeve of graham crackers to soothe my cravings.

I sure hope that I pass this thing. It was an investment to sign up and I don't want to have to go through this again. It is 100 written/multiple choice questions, and I will have to do some sort of demonstration on how to teach a class.

It is from 9-6pm. I have my friend watching my two older boys for the day, and little Isaac will have to hang out at the child watch until I am done.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Mama Apes... said...

Oh dosn't sound like fun but I know you'll do great! It's like me and having to get X-ray certified...who knew after taking great x-rays for so many years that AZ needs you to be certified!
My test in in August and do think i've started studing yet??? ***NO***

Jennifer said...

Good luck, you are going to do great! You've kicked my butt a time or two. Once you get certified will get to start doing some real classes?

Arianne Pearce said...

GOOD LUCK! You do your best work under pressure so I am not worried. But even still you will do awsome!

Erika said...

Good luck! I haven't taken a test in years either, it would be no fun to study and cram.

The Gearharts said...

Good luck!

Clark Family said...

Hey, do you remember I told you I ordered all the AFAA stuff, but never went to get certified?? Yeah, I'm a AFAA dropout. I think Isaac looks like his papa! Good luck, you will sail through.

Michelle said...

good luck woman! but you'll do great. don't even worry about a thing. You know your stuff!

Adrianne said...

You are amazing. I would say good luck, but I'm late, so how did it go???