Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dejavu

Fabric manifests, track lighting, phone calls, copy machine, price lists, organizing catalogs...

I am back to work at DirectBuy!

As a last minute plan of events, Isaac and I hopped on a plane to come out and visit Jared for the week here in Burbank, CA. Wesley and Austin went up to Eagar, AZ to visit Pi-pa and Grandma for the week (con Tia Dawn y los primos).

I am sure their days go something like this: sleep, play, play, play, play, eat, play, play, play, eat, play, play, play, sleep, fight about sleeping, eat, drink water, and then sleep. Oh to be a child!

So...we arrived here on Sunday and are staying with our friends, the Metzger's. We hit the beach on Sunday and Monday...lots of beautiful sunshine, small waves, busy traffic, plenty of bikinis and gritty sand in Isaac's mouth. The crazy part of the beaches here are how overcast they get, but when in reality, the "valley" of Los Angeles could be a steaming 95 degrees at the same time!

Jared and Tino Metzger had a GREAT time body surfing and digging up sand crabs. I finally got in (Jared dragged me in) and the water was no warmer than 60 degrees. I WAS FREEZING and kept gasping for air to catch my breath. That first initial taste of salt water is so strong and over powering. It even took away my appetite upon drinking so many mouthfuls of the salt. How fun it was to jump UNDER the waves and let my hair get spun like a washing machine. How NOT fun to have the sand stick to your body when you get out and then having to rinse off in the chilly showers afterwards....where is my hot sauna when I need one!

Isaac is a bit high maintenance right now. He can't sit up on his own, but wiggles plenty and wants to constantly be held (vs. hanging out on the floor or carseat). This DB showroom is plenty dirty and not baby friendly, so I have had to be very creative with ways to entertain him. He is also spitting his baby food everywhere, flaps his arms violently and sqwaks like a bird. I love him! He had a few days of constipation, but after several jars of prune food, we are good! I wonder how he'll do next week when I am alone out here with Wes and Aus. We are planning another trip out here to Disneyland and the LA Zoo (of course the beach too).

Overall, it is GREAT to be with Jared everyday. He turns back into "Mr. Wilson" (as I lovingly called him back when we worked together at DB of Washington North), and is very efficient and professional here at the office. I give him his space and don't require too many stolen kisses while I am here:) I am helping out with the catalog updating and working where I can. Not too easy to balance it with my baby in tow, but at least my boss is understsanding when I take a minute to feed him or stroll him around the showroom. Sure am glad to not be working full time anymore, and that I have a boy-filled lifestyle to return to in a few weeks. I had forgotten how LONG the nights here are and how easy it is to go a full day without eating a meal. It is so busy here with members and issues and boy am I glad to be back at home:)

I would trade all of the problem service emails for toddler fights, printing papers for poopy diapers, and flourescent lighting for fishstick dinners.




















6 comments:

Tawna said...

Wow....your life sounds so busy!! The trips to LA, all the kids, the many things you do to keep them entertained! I love how all of your boys have your eyes!!! Its awesome!

Mama Apes... said...

Awww...we all need a good reminder of how blessed we are to be moms and enjoy our little ones! Hurry home your DOG so misses you but i do a lot MORE!!!

The Big Sister said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Let me know when you settle back into AZ life and we'll have to plan a little fun! Ethan will be in school next week so we should meet at a mall somewhere after you drop Jared off and do some window shopping!

Arianne Pearce said...

Well, just so happy that you are not working full time. Yeah! I sure can't wait for your trip to see me!

Erika said...

Another adventure!

The Gearharts said...

Wow I definitely could not work with a baby in tow. Hope you have fun going to DLand with the boys.