Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Am Home....







I am

Packing my future into this box

Along with glasses and plates and forks

All wrapped up in wrinkled newspapers

Taping it up and loading it on a truck

Hoping that when I open it again

I’ll know what to expect

That I can put prosperity, security and happiness

Into the empty cupboards

Next to the cayenne pepper and the paper towels

I’ve done this before

Fifteen times in fact

With children underfoot or waiting in the womb

Juggling jobs and dogs and nannies

Tape and boxes and newspapers and hope

Seven years of scribbling my future

On the top of a box with a big black marker

Hoping it will get to the right place

Home.

Julie Boam

October 18th, 2009


I...Am...Home (combine the first and last sentence)....

Yes, "Home" is a state of mind for me. We are moving again...this week...downsizing to a smaller home here in Surprise, as we have found a family that wants to buy our custom home (after a three year lease). I will be living in a 3 bedroom home, which means a lot of SIMPLIFYING.

Everyone calls me an expert at moving. It's not by choice, but yes, I would agree.

I am throwing out the old and purging it all. Craigslist has been my favorite place as of late. I have been very creative with my latest postings and have had success this week in: renting out our Florence home, getting the lease on this Surprise home, selling baby toys, selling our bedroom set, selling a dishwasher and finding boxes for moving.

With packing up an entire house again (on my own might I add), with it comes a lot of sorting through clothing. How it tugs at my heart strings to be putting away Wesley's old clothing...and to see Austin's little shoes that are now too small. I CAN wait for Isaac to catch up! I am so happy to have one more little man to grow big and strong like them. (Sidenote: Isaac had his 9 month check up: 70% in weight, 50% in height, 90% in head. Austin had his 4 year: 40% in weight and 20% in height. C'mon little Double A, grow big and tall!)

There is a sock monster in my house b/c after every load of laundry I always have at least 2 mismatching socks. I have this little drawer in my (now sold) bedroom chest. Is there any organized way to place socks and undies for boys in the same drawer? How does it stay organized? I have no idea. So, as we speak, I have 7 mismatched socks from just their drawer tonight. I need to finish up sorting through the winter/summer things, as well as storing away the bins for next year. It's an exhausting event going through the clothing!

So....little by little I will start taking loads to the new house here in the neighborhood. I am so sad to be leaving my b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l home here. I love the granite countertops, the travertine, the clean water, the open floorplan, the plush carpet, the tall doors and of course the large garage. But....what is a home when you can't share it with your husband? The most important thing to me right now is that I can share it with my children, and they are what matter to me most. I am willing to give up anything I own materially just so that we can be together once again.

The adventures of the Wilson family continue...down the street.

13 comments:

Toodles said...

How exciting Adrienne!! I'm glad you found someone to lease / buy your house! Good luck with the move, as although I'm sure you're expert, I'm also sure it's not easy. Is Jared relocating his job back to AZ as well?

elshmobelsh said...

shut up! I guess that would explain why you are online,but not online to chat. I wish I could help you out. Good Luck!

Erika said...

More adventures, eh? Sorry to hear about the packing but glad you could lease/sell the other.

Arianne Pearce said...

the sock/ underware drawer thing: I use these drawer dividers that I got from ikea and they work great. I would bet that a store like the container store would have them as well. Good luck my dear!!

Tawna said...

Wow...moving again..when are you going to stop? Good luck! I don't envy you!

Michelle said...

wow woman...I don't know how you do it, but I know you are one strong woman and I am super impressed by you. love you A. I'm very proud of you.

Clark Family said...

Just wanted to say hope all the packing goes well! You are so amazing....I would not be able to do that. Miss you guys!

The Gearharts said...

Well at least you get to be with your husband...does that mean he is going to be working here? Good luck! I know moving is sooooo hard.

Jana said...

I seriously don't know how you are doing it?!!!!!! But if anyone can . . . it is YOU!!!! You really are a trooper. And so strong. I do have to say. . . I love down sizing. It feels so good getting rid of so many things.

Heather said...

Best of luck to you. It was hard for us to change the "status quo," including the new carpet and 3 car garage, but I love the relief of a budget that works, and more family time. I wish you all the same.

The Christensen Family said...

Man, oh man!! I wish we were closer so I could watch your boys. I hate moving!!! Good luck. Know that we pray for you - be safe.
xooxoxox Meg and Clint

Boley Boys said...

Can't wait for you to be even closer! I will miss your granite and travertine as well.:( But all for the greater good. Right?! (keep telling yourself that:)

Audrey said...

Moved again!!! Goodness. And, when are we going to see each other? I'm calling you right now!