Friday, April 9, 2010

A great blog

A friend told me about this new blog: http://askingjane.blogspot.com/. I have had a few extra minutes to read some of this Mother of 11's insights on parenting, relationships, budgeting, the gospel, balance, etc. It is so refreshing to see her perspective on the little things that get all of us overwhelmed at times. She said:

"One final and perhaps the most important thought is this: Never lose the vision of what you’re really doing. It’s big. There are no shortcuts to the family you want. It’s going to take all you’ve got. But the whole process is a good one and the whole outcome is amazing. Keep before you, the vision of what you want your home to be today and what you want the final outcome to be. Then keep reaching for it. As the days go by, you'll have more and more satisfying moments. Home really can be a heaven on earth. Pray aways and be believing." Pretty good stuff.

I wonder what it would be like to be a mother of 11 children? We have been wanting to get pregnant with baby #4 now for several months, but p.a.t.i.e.n.c.e. is what I am learning as we haven't conceived yet. I think my heart still aches for Isaac's twin that we lost. I still feel the void.

I love the idea of a large family...the meals, chaos, large holidays and shared bedrooms all sound like fun to me. Coming from a smaller family, where I grew up "alone" during my jr. high and high school years, I felt lonely at times and always wanted to have siblings nearby. I love my boys and want more!

So, I am looking forward to my journey of motherhood, and with Jane's suggestions, I hopefully will do a better job each day.

ps....allergies + yoga are not a good combo. The AZ wind/plants/flowers are attacking me!

10 comments:

Allison said...

Hey you. Thanks for the inspirational blog pass along! It felt like reading stuff from a general authority and brought mommy tears (and tears of encouragement) to my eyes. :)

Toodles said...

Thanks for sharing that blog link and your thoughts! I love reading advice and thoughts from seasoned mothers...

I'm glad you guys want to have a large family!... I know you'll be blessed here soon enough with another healthy pregnancy. We want a large family too, but kind of got a late start, but better late than never.

Besos!

PS - love your Easter pics! Your boys are all so handsome!

The Gearharts said...

I will have to check out that site. I grew up, the youngest of 8 it was fun and I love having all of the siblings, just not so sure I can do it though.

Lindy said...

Very inspiring...thanks for sharing. I get the impression that you're a great mom and you probably have a lot more patience than you think :)

Rob-O said...

Yes, Adrienne, big families are FUN and that is coming from a family of seven kids. Yay for big families! Oh, I envy you. I've always wanted to have at least six but where I am at right now in life will have to do.

Jill said...

Your boys are so cute! I had no idea Isaac was a twin. How far along were you when you lost the other baby? I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how hard that was for you. I love your new top family picture! So cute. We have also been trying to have a 4th now for a while and it is SO hard to be patient! Hang in there it will happen for you, and I have my fingers crossed that you will geta girl! I am going to check out that blog. 11 I could never do, but my hat is off to those that can do it!

Clark Family said...

Isaac is such a cute little walker! Sometimes I wonder why it seemed easier for people to have more kids in earlier times, when now we are supposed to have all these modern things to help us. Anyways, love your cute family!

Candi said...

Thanks for the uplifting moment. It's easy to get bogged down in the everyday. Perspective is always good. And it is worth it.

I grew up in the chaos too, and it was and is fun! I hope it's everything you picture!

Posey Cowart said...

I can't believe how fast your boys are growing. They are just too cute. I wish SO BADLY that they could play with my crazy boys. On a side note, I just love reading your blog. It always inspirational to me.

Bridget said...

This was just the right post for me! I have been struggling with whether or not I want more kids yet and your post is right-big families are fun. I will pray for you to have a girl! I do miss you. I wish often that you guys just lived across the street again!