Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Big boy Isaac


Is there ever a good time to potty train? In my mind, no, there is not.

Reasons why we have been delayed on getting Isaac into big boy undies:
Working full time
No downtime at home
Having adenoids/tonsils removed surgically
Having baby Levi
Mastitis
School starting
....

Which puts us to NOW. TODAY.

Isaac is getting potty trained, starting with the first day of school for Wes and Austin. Why wait any longer for this?

We are in Day #2 and he has had ZERO accidents and actually pooped too in the potty! Can I start doing the happy dance now???

I have done nothing different. I am giving him lots of liquids and asking him every 5 min. for "potty?" If he says no, I leave it alone. I have had a lot of patience, which went along with at least 10 pairs of undies yesterday when he had accident after accident. I have dedicated myself SOLELY to Isaac (and occasional feedings for Levi) and being with him 100%. We have not left the house in two days, which was convenient for my head cold.

I am wondering how he will do in public? The gym? He sure does love his batman undies (even though they are Austin's!). Is this just a great streak of success? I will take it. And hope for more.

I am only day #2 into my "new routine" of being a homemaker again. After this goal is accomplished, what else will I work on?

Don't get lazy Adrienne.









2 comments:

elshmobelsh said...

Hey Girl. K- first of all, you are always superwomen, but even superwomen needs a vacation from herself for awhile.:) You poor thing, dealing with hormones, mastitis, and juggling 4 boys. And you are already jumping back into potty training!!!! You are amazing. I'm so sorry you had to deal with mastitis. I had that with Jaden. You just want to curl up in a ball and die. Its so horrible because you have a baby to take care of, and its the last thing you feel like doing. So I'm glad you were able to get through it. I so wish I lived closer. I would have loved to come help out. LEVI is adorable!! Loved the pics. You and Jared do so great at little boys. Congratulations. Good luck with the potty training. Its hard to imagine Issac being that big. He was just a little newborn when I saw you last. Hope you're doing well. xoxo!

Boley Boys said...

Love those cheeks! He's such a big boy now! How nice to only have 1 in diapers again.