Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Levi 8 months














Lots of slobber. Lots of tongue. Lots of bibs.

I really enjoy spoon feeding him. Seeing his tongue thrust out. His grunting of hunger.
From 5-7 months, he was ALWAYS on my hip. Now that he can sit up at 8 months, he can entertain himself on the floor with toys. One day he could barely hold his weight, and it seemed like the following day, he was sitting up!

He is also a side-winder with his slithering creepy crawl. He can slither over legs, toys and eventually get to where he wants...which is usually MOM!

Now I can have him on the shower floor with me while I shower, he can sit in his high chair with some life cereal or graham cracker and be patient while I fix dinner, or warm up his jarred food. this time around, we have free WIC food, so i don't make his food here at home. It sure is convenient to have that simplicity of a jar of baby food!

Kids love to tote him around, put him in the green papasan chair, make him giggle and just today Isaac was putting the blue toy bucket on his head for a laugh.

His dilations are now up to a size 11 and he arches his back and squeezes his butt cheeks every time I position him to change his diaper. Sometimes it is like hershey chocolate syrup squirting out at me (due to the 4 oz of prune juice he gets daily), or it's like squeezing orange carrot toothpaste out of his bum. Lots of prep as I have to gel up the thermometers, get all the extra diapers and wipes on hand in case he explodes on me, have extra clothing nearby and a towel on the carpet (learned that one the hard way).

He also has been getting daily treatments of DoTerra oils on his chest, feet and back for his congestion. He is excessively drooling, and now has the snot to go along with it. Appointment with the ENT has been made to see if this is all normal, or maybe he has something going on that makes him sound like a pug dog who snorts and sticks out their tongue.

No comments: