Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kitchen remodel

As I write this, my kitchen is being stripped and sanded down. Primer will go on later today. We are all going to be high as kites off of the fumes! A huge plastic tarp has been draped from ceiling to floor. I feel like I am living inside a fish tank. I can't handle the mess. I have lost my patience more than one time with my boys as they are shimming under the plastic to get to the garage, or complaining about why we they have to eat outside (no kitchen table, it's full of STUFF from countertops).

The Ashton's came over and helped us paint 'til 1am on a spontaneous Sat night. So grateful to have good neighbor's who loved surprising Jared like I did! Dustin worked quickly in 2 hours to get it done, and had to run to 2 Home Depots for the right paint. So glad they came through for us.

(1 month later) The final pics are beautiful. People have said how open, larger, brighter and more inviting our kitchen now feels. We really feel like this was a great investment. We spend 85% of our time in the kitchen and I am so glad that we can enjoy this beautiful room together.












No comments: