When I have stressful days, I bake. I was feeling the need to create and so cinnamon rolls it was. They did not turn out as tightly rolled as I wanted to, but I tried my best (and later did more practice for Vday). All 4 boys will now watch a movie with popcorn (although Levi doesn't last more than 10 minutes). I love to see them cuddling up and laughing together. Isaac and I have started a daily routine of reading in the "green chair." We mostly look at family books and talk about the pictures (this is in between Isaac's "math time" on starfall.com that he loves). I sit in the sun and he sits in the shade. We ordered our ants from Santa's ant farm that Wesley got. It was kinda gross seeing them get inside, but within a few days they had built tunnels and passages! We kept them for a month and a half, until Isaac dropped them and the lid broke...spilling out ants in a few areas. That was enough for me, so we put the farm in the garbage can and wished them luck. Most had already died and been "buried" by the remaining ants. What a crazy life it would be. I would want to be the queen ant.
The boys went to the Dentist and I threatened them that if they had any cavities, they would have to throw away their Christmas candy. Fortunately for them, they came out cavity free. I was grateful for that, even though our appt took 3 hours. Levi touched every single object or display in that office and drove me crazy. (That's probably why I made cinnamon rolls the following day!) Wesley had an awards assembly at Marley Park. I was so proud of him (and took Levi and Isaac with me, ditching my regular gym classes to go). He got straight A's for principals list and then "Hardest Worker" from Mrs. Tracey. Way to go Wesley! He is very dedicated to his homework and I know he is a smart boy. I always tell my boys that if they will read, do math everyday, stick to their piano...it will pay off in school. We made caramel brownies to celebrate his success.
No comments:
Post a Comment