Thursday, June 26, 2014

Father's Day

I made a huge disgusting Father's Day breakfast for Jared, trying to make him some biscuits 'n gravy like he loves. Only, my biscuits were freezer burned and the gravy turned into a solid mush after cooking on "low" for too long. I was so embarrassed! Jared was a good sport and still ate it anyway, although the boys wanted to chuck the food. To top it off, I then scribbled a poem off line onto a piece of paper, only to realize that Wesley had used the same poem earlier! How about that for creativity! I felt awful. After he spent the afternoon dropping off Wesley in Tucson for his YMCA camp, I spent the afternoon cooking up a favorite meal and a thoughtful card from Levi and Ruby; chipotle bacon wrapped meatloaf, grilled veggies, homemade rolls and apple crisp.
I also spent a few moments with my dad, Grandpa Lowe, who is still recovering from a hip surgery. He was moving slowly and enjoyed a ride to the local Dairy Queen for a vanilla cone. We will be happy when he is moving freely and can come to visit us again. We love these men so much!
 






No comments: