Monday, February 1, 2016

Delivery of Rex Oscar Wilson

I posted this on FB: Baby wasn't moving much. I was trying to not stress out or let my mind play tricks on me. Last thing I wanted to do was a "non stress" test bc I had a busy mom afternoon w my kids 😬 @melissa.nickle was a great friend and helped out do I could go to the hospital. Test was inconclusive. Not good or bad. They sent me up to Labor and Delivery. 😳 I wasn't too worried. Then his heart rate dropped. And dropped again. I was only 36 weeks along...but Dr said I could choose to have the baby. I said "let's do this!" Jared came in right as i got the epidural., I had been alone up until this pint not anticipating a delivery! Two hours later... 7.6 lb healthy baby boy. I had a partial abrupted placenta. Had I waited at home, things could've gone wrong. So grateful for mother instincts. Feb 1st, 11:18pm 20 inches.
Mr Rex Wilson welcome home!‪#‎wilsonbasketballteamcomplete‬

I wasn't able to hold Rex for a few hours b/c he was rushed into the NICU to make sure his lungs were strong enough, and then he struggled to keep up his blood sugar glucose levels up. Many heels pricks! He also was too high on his jaundice levels. Boys didn't even know I was having the baby until they woke up the next day with my neighbor home and we facetimed them with the news!. I of course loved every snuggle, every brownie, every cat nap and all the help I received from the nurses. The fastest and easiest delivery, which I was so grateful to have MY WAY! I knew what my body would do and the Dr was willing to assist.































No comments: