Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wounded Warrior Day 3

We had a mini crisis the morning of Gavin's big bike race. Because our hotel is an hour away, they rented a big bus for all of the family members. Usually it was a very smooth process, but today they had a mix up in times and the next bus for us was another two hour wait. That meant we would miss Gavin's race!I was asking the front desk if they had a back up plan for all of us, but they didn't! Fortunately, we had become friends with one of the Navy administrators over the games, and he was just leaving for the games...so we hitched a ride. Rex didn't get in his carseat one time in NYC, we just held him and prayed for safety. We arrived just in time as the race was beginning. One we spotted where Gavin was, we cheered him on like crazy! He did a great job, actually even doing an extra lap on accident and over exerted himself. Jared had to leave back to the hotel for a sherpa conference call, and so I stayed there during the day with Rex.  I enjoyed being on campus with Gavin and checking out the wheelchair basketball and seated volleyball. What amazing athletes I saw!

We went to church at West Point, where they met inside one of the academy halls. It was tricky to get there and figure out where on campus it was (they said it didn't exist, only non denominational) But, we found it (thanks to our faith) and found the bishop in the parking lot as he was arriving early to prepare the sacrament, etc. We stayed for sac mtg and headed back afterwards to attend more events for Gavin. He placed 2 bronze medals and we enjoyed supporting him in the medal ceremony.  Very proud of my brother for his efforts and I am amazed at how strong he is!






























No comments: