Sunday, July 22, 2007

Light at the end of this week!



We will be moving this week! We are NOT buying the house that I posted about a few weeks back. Surprise surprise! Since we have not been able to sell our current home here in AZ, we decided that two mortages would be too much for our pocketbook, especially with the business just taking off. I haven't been this excited about a move since we left our last bordertown of Nogales, AZ and went back to Provo, UT.

Even then, I was nervous b/c we lived in a terrible basement apartment with no windows and couldn’t fit a couch down there! But, I just am so excited to stay put for a while, set up my home, and hopefully buy a piano. Not to mention that I am excited for Jared to get out and be busy every single day. He has been struggling to find purpose to his daily life now for over a year ½, with his job transitions. So, to be able to send him off to work everyday, look forward to lunch time with him, go and visit him at work and support him…I am excited! I want a routine to live by, including him being at work and me doing my thing at home. It’s stability that I crave. Remind me of these goals when I feel the monotony of being a homemaker, feel frustrated with the boredom and crave excitement and commotion. Hopefully I can look from within to branch out and make good friends, like I have here in AZ. It will be an adjustment for sure, and it will be a lot harder than I can even expect. But, because we have moved now 11 times, I sorta know the in and outs of moving and how to pace myself.


My hubby is back for the week and it is good to share the responsibilities with him of raising our children! Wesley is a full bloomed preschooler with so much energy, many questions and is constantly wanting new entertainment. He LOVES being with me. I need to just enjoy it, but sometimes mama needs he space too! He wants to paint nails with me, wants me to sit with him for “tiempo quieto” (quiet time) with his DVD, “quiero vos” (I want you) when it is time to sleep, and is constantly just following me around the house. I try to get him involved in a game, puzzle, activity and then sneak out, but he quickly finds me. I think he and I are similar where we love to be around people and don’t like to be alone. I am afraid though that he is not learning how to entertain himself and be satisfied with what he has. He is constantly asking when we are going to go visit his friends, and the first thing he said to me this morning was, “quiero nadar.” I want to swim (which was different than his usual, “quiero chicle” I want gum). Jared is adjusting to his new energy level as well. I had them set up a car “raceway” in our bedroom so that he could be involved…it only lasted maybe 20 minutes with not much out of it except a messy room!

I have been reading my toddler activity book at every chance I get and so far the activities I have used (including playing with soapy water in the kitchen) has been successful. They are just short lived. I look forward to getting onto a routine this month….where we go to the gym in the mornings, go run errands (library, free movie, grocery shopping, etc) and then go home for naps. In the afternoon I will have playtime with the boys, we will do some chores, watch tv and get dinner ready. When they get older, I hope that we can do chores together in the morning. I want Wesley to be able to make his own bed soon too. He is getting very independent b/c he can now get himself 100% dressed all alone, he just learned how to swim (can take a breath for air) on his own this week, and is learning how to put puzzles together and recognize numbers! It is amazing how fast he is catching onto things. I struggle with my internal chaos with Spanish vs. English and feel so inadequate trying to teach him Spanish, but I am doing my best. I do switch to English when I react to him out of frustration and he usually responds to me in English too! He hates it when I, “hablar fuerte” (yell) and so that has been a good form of discipline. I don’t hablar fuerte, but if I threaten to do so, it makes him move! He will call Jared on it too, which is a good thing and good for us to NOT do.

So, drop me a line and wish me good luck with this week! We are already packed up, from four months ago...and just now moving from one empty house to an empty apartment! I am just looking forward to some stability and yummy tacos!


5 comments:

Amberly said...

Good luck this weekend! It sounds like you know exactly what you're looking for, I hope that after getting settled, you find the stability and cozy home you're after. I also have a very curious pre-schooler on my hands and constantly am trying to come up withe things to keep him busy. FYI, that first comment on your blog is from a spam site- you may delete it if you wish... I did from mine.

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you are finally getting out... Im assuming that you are going to stay in the apartment of your bus. partner...

Toodles said...

Hey lady!! It's fun to read about the daily schedules you'd like to have for you and the boys. I'm excited for the move to El Paso too. Good luck with all the moving and getting settled in!

Jana said...

I can;t believe you are off again. Good luck. I can't wait for us to move in a couple of years. Just the excitement of wondering where we will go!!!!! :) By the way. . .I got all caught up on your other posts and you look GREAT! Watch out for baby #3. It really gets ya!:) But so worth it right?

Anonymous said...

YOu've probably already packed and moved... I hope so anyways. I just wanted to tell you that I added a bunch of pics of my apartment to my blog... so you can see it finally... and I want pics of yours now too :) Good luck settling in and I"ll chat with you later.