Friday, July 20, 2007

Ready to move



Both of my boys have been taking a nap now for almot 4 hours. This is not normal! After the first 2, I was expecting both of them to come out of their cocoons and bounce all over. Wesley wandered in onto my lap (I was watching Remember the Titans, love that show! Left Side! Strong Side!), and next things I knew, he had fallen asleep again....so I put him back on my bed. Austin has been making small noises, I just checked on him, but he is face up and mouth open in dream land.

This would be an ideal situation for any homemaker to dive into projects, do some experiemental cooking, clean a baseboard or catch up on emails. In my situation though, I live in a house that has been "packed" up for 4 months already, I have only food I am eating off of until we move, and I am obviously not motivated to scrub any flooring.

I call this house the Motel 6 or Raddision. It does not feel like a home at all, but a huge and vacant hotel with me and the boys breathing, eating and sleeping inside. No memories are being made here (unless you call losing Wrangler), and 1/2 the time I just seem to wait for the days until I can be situated with my hubby again in El Paso. I am so ready to be done with this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne!
I love it when my kids sleep that long... but I do end up checking in on them often.
By all means, make some memories, girl! This is time that will never happen again... don't lose those precious days, hours and minutes of your little ones' life! Plan some creative activites for those empty rooms and floors! Make huge masking-tape tic tac toe boards on your carpets, have your boys shine pennies in a large mixing bowl, or have pillow/wrestling tickle fights all over those wide open spaces in your "hotel-room" home! More stuff packed means less stuff to break... :) Make lasting memories with your darling boys and have a bit of fun yourself!

Diana said...

you better believe I was sore--for like 2 1/2 days. Yikes. But I will probably take Marc to do it before the snow sets in.