Thursday, November 29, 2007


A basic update:

At 26 months old, Austin is officially potty trained! hoo-ray! It took 3 months to get the poopies thing down, but he did it and we are proud of him! NO more toddler diapers!

We are hoping to start to lay down tile in our remodel this next week. This gives me the HOPE that maybe we can move in by December 23rd??? Should I still decorate like my heart desires?


Last night I officially started the "pureed hidden veggies in my kids' food" system! I made homemade mac 'n cheese with butternut squash...the kids gobbled it up and didn't notice at all. This morning I made scrambled eggs with cauliflower...again, another hit. Of course I spent all afternoon up to my elbows in steamed veggies and puree all over my counter. But, it gave me a fun kitchen project to work on, and less time to be discouraged about my life! (Deceptively Delicious cookbook).


I will never take advantage of having a washer and drier AGAIN! I can't wait to have my own and not have to haul it everywhere to load, unload, dry, fold and take back home.

My dad and Olga (his wife) are now back in Mexico. They moved after staying with us for 3 months. I will miss them greatly, especially the company during those late nights. I also enjoyed the loving (and free!) babysitting they provided so I could run to Wal mart at 10pm...

I got all of my Christmas shopping done by November 24th! This is a new record for me, I usually get stressed out mid-December...I got most of it at Marshall's of all places. That place really does have name brand stuff at a great price! I took advantage of my last day that my dad was around to babysit so I could bust out the credit card. Boy was that a fun spree!

I am going to start teaching kickboxing at another gym here in town (EP Fitness). I have wanted to go there since I moved here (4 months ago) b/c their facility is so new and big. I guess I am a fitness snob b/c I just am not happy enough with the older YMCA. So, after I buy my own liability insurance, they will allow me to sub once a week to see how I do. Wish me luck.

I WANT TO DECORATE MY HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS!!! I am so so so ready to moooooove!

8 comments:

Amberly said...

You should totally decorate, even if there is hope for you to move before christmas- then you can enjoy the spirit of christmas this next month! And I'm completely with you on the washer/dryer thing- never to be underestimated!!

Trimbles said...

I concur. You should decorate. Apartments arent as great as houses, but if thats all you got... and yes I understand about the no washer and dryer, we had one when we got married and when we moved here we all of a sudden couldnt afford a place with one any more, so 3 years now without and every time I do laundry I complain, but it hasnt moved Christophers heart yet... And yes, I'm getting my Masters in Criminology and am starting my thesis paper in Jan. I'll graduate in June. I need to call you, I have a few questions about Direct Buy...

Jana said...

Yah, definately decorate. Things have a way of happening (you know, Murphy's law) and if you didn't decorate you'd be disapointed. And, trying to decorate a house on the 23rd of December, in the midst of unpacking... that's a disaster in the making.
I am so jealous that you CAN decorate... with your OWN stuff!
I love decorating for Christmas. I know your apartment is small and inconvenient... but at least it is YOUR space! I am jealous!!! :)
Loved our chat the other night. I felt so liberated afterwards- thanks! :)
Un abrazo
Jana

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you have a blog. I just spent the last 45 minutes reading past posts. Thanks you for your sweet comments on Bella. She will be missed. I am happy that you have Wrangler. I remember going to that neat park in Provo with the pond and we took the two dogs and Bella jumped in the and and had a hard time climbing back out. She always wanted to be big and tough like the big dogs! I am going to bookmark this page and check it often:) Glad to have you back my friend!

Having trouble signing in under my old blogger account!

Jana said...

DECORATE!!! What is Christmas without the tree? Or even just a bowl full of cranberries. :) You are a busy mommy. Instead of doing all those secret veggie tricks on my kids, I have been FORCING Jackson to eat them. :) Dinner takes 5 hours, but it is working. :) I am going to try adding them into food without them noticing. And Autin is potty trained? That is great. Now for Noah. I hate the thought!! Jackson was just too easy so I know I was spoiled. :(

Adrianne said...

decorate decorate decorate!!! We're leaving the 19th but my house is fully decked!

And remember, this too shall pass and when you've been living in your lovely home for 2 years you'll hardly remember your clothes washing struggles.

Marc, Miranda, Maycie and Nash said...

So I can't believe you have Austin potty trained already! I just can't imagine getting Maycie potty trained! Maybe I should send her up to you so you can work your magic and get her to wear big girl underwear, cause I sure can't!

Besides potty training...I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving...are you coming back down to AZ for Christmas? If so let us know we might have another Christmas party!

Trimbles said...

Hey Adi, what is your address, yes, we are going christmas cards for the first time in my life! Also, I love the Spanish Tots... cute. I hope it works!